legit bumpers for less than $10.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chickdigger802, Oct 9, 2010.

1. chickdigger802 macrumors regular

2. solius macrumors regular

Hows it fit? Tight? Thats the problem I ran into with the orange one I got one off of Gong Wie

3. chickdigger802 thread starter macrumors regular

it fits tight and feels a tad squishy.

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. solius macrumors regular

Thats my problem with these the one I got ruined my front zagg shield and started to mess up my back one so I can't really recommend them for that reason. If you don't mind not having anything on your phone though they are probably the best thing. I went ahead and ordered an orange bumper from apple the other day oh well.

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

its not OEM

look at the buttons

6. chickdigger802 thread starter macrumors regular

im confused, can you be more detailed? Don't have a 'real' bumper around me right now to compare.

7. ultraracingph macrumors newbie

ultraracingph

I have one of these and had the chance to compare it to the real Apple Bumper and it looks and feels identical to each other. I have a Capdase screen protector on and the Apple Bumper also made one side of my screen protector bubble as it was installed sooo slightly skewed. Which is not the fault of the bumper...Original or not. The only difference I could tell between the one that Apple sells and the eBay one is that in the packaging it didn't have the silver Apple Logo, and we all know the packaging gets thrown to the trash after we open it. Photo above appears as such because the poster used direct flash when he took the photo. It's just a case of bad lighting :) No offense meant to the poster :p Hope this helps.

8. chickdigger802 thread starter macrumors regular

more like the stupid iphone 4's ability to handle low lighting pics =/

9. bludragon06 macrumors regular

Just a pre warning. These are not real legit bumpers. I have a white, a green, and an orange one from the same seller. I also have these colors in the real ones I got from Apple. Definately a major difference. I didnt like the differences in them so I got the real ones. Just thought I would share that with you!
    -Dave

10. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Has anyone had a chance to compare these Side by side with the bumpers sold by gong Wei?

11. chickdigger802 thread starter macrumors regular

can u take some pics? 'major differences' is a pretty vague statement...

12. bludragon06 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

There is another thread on here called something like bumpers on eBay! Just look in my other posts! Major differences are the buttons are chromy and kinda cock eyed in their placements! The rubber is tackler than apples but the rubber pulls away from the plastic! The color of the rubber is way off compared to the plastic center! Fits tighter though! I actually had to restore my phone cause the case

13. gnychis macrumors 6502

how would a case cause you to restore your phone?

14. bludragon06 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The case fits reaLy snug from digitmall! It I think was holding down all the buttons! I got everything all in x-large; lockscreen and everything! It only happened when I had the green bumper from digitmal on my phone! After I restored my phone I haven't had anymore problems! I never had any problems before I put that case on! Therefore I blame the digitmal bumper!
    -Dave

15. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

That sure is a lot of exclamation marks :D

But yeah, I had the same issue with it holding down the lock button and rebooting my phone. If it weren't for that and the fact that they lift my screen protectors, I'd love 'em.

16. calvy macrumors 65816

i prefer the 17.99 one i got from yumelectronics, which shipped from florida. my one from gongwei is not here yet. and i've bought two from apple. apple buttons are nicer than all knock offs.

17. chickdigger802 thread starter macrumors regular

Then I must be lucky then. My lock button works perfectly =P

So maybe this is superior to the official bumper? Who knows! but I like it. I wish all cases have 'bumper buttons' from now on. Ya hear me incipio???

18. zsno macrumors member

Sounds like you turned on the zoom feature accidentally under the accessibility options. I doubt the case had anything to do with it.