Legit free* gift websites- Do they exist?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by I'm a Mac, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Has anyone ever had any success getting a free gift (or mac) on any of these websites? I've always been very skeptical of these websites, although I do admit, some of them look pretty tempting, although I've never completed an offer and always never use my real info. Has anyone every received a free gift from any of these websites? Does anyone know of any of them to are legit/ ripoffs for sure? When ever I google one of these websites I always get mixed results; some people blog about how they want others to fill out offers, while others have horror stories of being ripped off.

Tell me about your experiences.

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

You mean give us your visa card number and we'll send you a computer... Honest???

Well if your thinking of it, you can send me your visa card number and i promise I'll send you a computer... :D

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sure you can. It just won't be stuck to anything. Except possibly the rim of the Wasteland. :D

There are legitimate free offers on the internet, sure. But they're predominantly the legitimate free offers from retail majors and Fortune 500 companies. If you're asking, "Hay guys, are any of those sites that look like total scams not scams?" ... then the answer is "few and far between."

5. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

I never expected these sites to be legit, especially because half the time it seems they change their mind on what they see to want to give you anyway...

I just wanted to know if anyone had any success stories :cool:

6. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Then how do you make a sticky? Sorry- I've never created a sticky before.

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

only mods can (thankfully), otherwise the first 10 pages would all be stickies.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's not? That's really and truly funny; I thought that it was!

I saw it and thought, "Wow, that got stickied fast!" :p

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

And no, we're not going to make your thread sticky.

10. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

lol i was hoping to find a site where i complete some surveys then get a macbook air! thanks for changing the thread title mods

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If I'm going to make a thread sticky, it certainly won't be because I read a thread on MBPs.

You gots to give me a reason, son!

12. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

My friends dad actually did this once with an iPod (because he's rich and can do that kind of stuff), just to see if it worked...Apparently, it worked, but it took a really really long time to get (like, a couple of months). No details on the exact whatevers, though.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The only way this thread will become sticky is from people seeing the word "free electronics" or when they hear the pyramid scheme ease of use rules.

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think the basic point has been gotten across here, and I'm going to cut this off now.

In summary:

- There may be some "free iPod" sites that are legitimate.

- The vast, vast majority of them are Ponzi schemes. If they give anyone a free iPod, it's only the first few people, and the vast majority of the people who sign up are functioning as "suckers."

- Since we really don't have the time to figure out which ones make up the <<1% of legitimate sites, we do not permit linking to these sites, in order to protect our members.

Just save your money and actually buy the things you want. It's the way to go. Or if you're hot, become a model and get freebie clothes from the fashion racks, and save the money you'd be putting into a new pair of Prada loafers or slingbacks and use it on an iPod instead. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.