Legit Iphone Pics...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

So as the week of our salvation from conventional phones draws near im sure that im not the only one who is constantly found ogling at iphone 3g pictures. So with the help of my fellow Iphone followers (thats you all) lets just get a collection of REAL iphone 3g pics together that we can find so we all can hold over till 8AM on Friday.

2. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

3. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

im confused by this thread?

4. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Im looking for some of the non apple.com pics just somethin to look at for now, the ones on the apple site seem fake/computer generated

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He wanted us to waste MacRumors space and bandwidth posting pictures here. The only pictures in existence are on Apple.com. I sent him there.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

There haven't been any to my knowledge, of any actual production iPhone pictures. Those on the Apple site are either mocked up, or digitally altered. That or they have amazing lighting at Apple ;)

We don't even know if the handsets shown at WWDC were production models or in-house ones - the white iPhone waved about in the audience at the WWDC keynote is probably the nearest we'll see till Friday / when the demo models come out.

The WWDC main stage model had a cover I believe, and the model that the journalists saw wasn't really verified as a production model. Wait till Mossberg's review at allthingsd.com - it'll be up by Thursday.

7. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha calm down buddy, no need to be so hostile

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, no hostility meant. There's just no reason to have a MacRumors thread on pictures until people have their own. Pictures.

9. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

And in my own defense there are REAL iphone 3g pics floating around (people at WWDC who snuck cameras into the room to get a hands on with the iphone 3g, I was just wondering if anyone had found anymore.
    Example: http://blog.laptopmag.com/hands-on-with-the-iphone-3g

10. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

not true. ilounge managed to get a pic of the 1st gen and 3G iphones side by side for an article here...

11. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

And might I add that 360 view of the iphone 3g during the new commercial made it look amazing

12. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah - hadn't looked at those iLounge pictures for a couple of weeks, and here's the thing - I never thought I'd say this but doesn't the 3G iPhone look much better than the first generation model? It just really hit me on seeing those pictures again, but now the brushed aluminium/lower plastic section of the first generation looks awful compared to the smooth consistent looks of the 3G iPhone.
    I have officially changed my mind about the 3G iPhone back :D

13. elbirth macrumors 65816

I agree. I think the full plastic back looks much better, although I'm not crazy about the possibility of it getting full of scratches and dulling that look.

Having said that... at first I was totally against the idea of the white iPhone 3G, but then I saw the short video clip of the AT&T guy flashing one in that one YouTube video posted the other day... now I'm not so sure I think white will be so hideous. Still pretty sure I'll stick with black though.

14. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

what video?

15. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Hm... that person says it took 2 seconds to load CNN.com. Too bad they don't say if it's the mobile or regular version, because 2 seconds for the regular version would be amazing.:eek:

The original iPhone used to load up the regular version but recently started loading up the mobile version...

16. elbirth macrumors 65816

17. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

i agree i do think the new iphone looks better than the old..SOOOO SLEEEEEEEEEEEK .i can't wait till friday..

18. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

19. The General macrumors 601

20. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

21. elbirth macrumors 65816

lol
    although I'm also inclined to believe that it's fake, there actually is an iPhone 3G dock, although it's not listed yet as an accessory for purchase on Apple's site yet. But you can see it on this page http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

22. Asar macrumors regular

yeah i dont see the chrome buttons either. i call fake.

23. v-roc macrumors newbie