Legit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ipooed, May 21, 2015.

1. ipooed macrumors 6502a

ipooed

I thought when you bought a MacBook the warranty kicked in as soon as you bought it? Would I be able to activate AppleCare for this?

Attached Files:

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I believe the hardware is covered for 1 year from date of purchase.

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it does......the image you posted is them asking you to verify the date of purchase because they don't have it on record for some reason. And since they don't have it, to get warranty service they'll ask you to provide a copy of your purchase receipt to verify that your computer is still under warranty. The same question would come up if you try to register Applecare for the computer.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

How long have you owned it. It can take a few days for their database to be updated.

Right now a receipt will be required for service.

5. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipooed

I was thinking about purchasing it, from kijiji. So should I avoid this?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Unless they provide the ORIGINAL receipt where it was purchased from Apple, you will have no warranty. Does not look like it was registered as ever being sold.

7. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipooed

That's what I was thinking, cause anytime i check AppleCare online it usually says valid purchase date etc.

Apparently he went with a Alienware and could not return it to best buy, as the 14 day period has expired. Good thing I asked as I would have thought I could register for apple care by just logging into my Apple ID. I'll be sure to make sure he has the receipt.

8. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipooed

..... And he doesn't have the receipt, he is trying to tell me you activate Apple care by the serial number on the MacBook lol

9. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I believe the warranty starts when the MacBook Air is turned on and activated with Apple,that is why the computer must be connected to wifi first, in order for it to activate/ start the warranty

10. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Most likely stolen from a store. I would pass on it.