Legitimate Element Case Ronin Reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nlamel, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nlamel macrumors newbie

Considering that the Element Case site for the Ronin has 6 reviews, all well-written and posted on the exact same day, I have a feeling they might not be legitimate.

Can anyone who actually owns/has owned the Ronin speak to its quality/durability? Does the nickel tarnish at all? How well does the wood hold up? Any other thoughts/comments/advice?

Thanks!

2. ilyavg macrumors newbie

Ronin owner

I have one - it is amazingly cool - the only grip I have is that the left side (with the buttons) is not exactly flush with the phone (there is maybe 1/10th of mm flex) and if you press hard on the wood next the the lower volume button it will actually gets pressed. However this is not to bad manufacturing process but because the inside of the case has rubber/silicone bumpers that protect the iphone inside the case. - I actually had the case replaced because of this flex issue - but the new one has the same so I figure that its because it is designed this way - 99% of the people won't even notice it but I complain about the smallest details given the fact that this case costs 200$. The Nickel practically does not tarnish - at least in my case - and the little it did you can wipe away with any decent microfiber cloth.

I hope that answers your questions

3. BoomstickMafia macrumors member

I think they may be all legitimate reviews. Only problem is that EC does moderate their website (blog) and facebook page. So there is potential that they could have not allowed any negative reviews to post.

Here's my take on the Ronin:

It's a beautiful case. Absolutely love it. For me, it won't work though. I put my iPhone in my front pocket. The phone will absorb too much heat and that will not bode well for the leather back plate. I had a leather inlay case once and it eventually succumbed to the heat and pealed away from the adhesive. For comparison, my Sector 5 microsuede back plate has done the exact same thing.

4. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

Joined MacRumors today and of course this is your first post. Something seems fishy. ;)