lemon iPhone 4 battery? no difference from iPhone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by colourtheatre, Aug 4, 2010.

1. colourtheatre macrumors regular

hi all,

i camped out for the new iPhone 4 when it got released in australia and was amazed by it but after a few days, i noticed that i'm only getting at the very very best, 300 minutes of 3g usage which is basically 5 hours (yeah, i know, i'm a math genius arent i).

initially, i only got 200 minutes but i tried to reset all settings and activate the phone as new, power cycle the battery, chant some prayers to my gadget totem, etc but its still 3 minutes (if i'm lucky) per 1% on 3g! i know it may sound like i'm just being nitpicky but if i got 1 minute extra per 1%, that is another 1 hour and 40 minutes of 3g usage which is a lot in my opinion. right now, the usage is just like a 3gs in terms of the battery life and i certainly did not camp out for that.

what do you guys think? a lemony snicket of a phone? practice buddhism and yoga? (for the record, i am buddhist but patience is not one of my virtues), throw a bitch fit at apple store and jailbreak every phone there?

thanks for watching folks

2. colourtheatre thread starter macrumors regular

just some further additional details; push, notifications, location services are all set to no and mail fetching is set to manual. my screen brightness is at 20% and no apps running in the background :S

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Turn off the battery status percentage and notice how much longer it will be :p

Ok but really... I think they over hyped the whole battery being better. It is dependent on a ton of things, from the stuff you listed to even your cell provider and their network.

If you really want to... you can poke a Genius guy a few times at the Apple store until he gives you a replacement. Or just enjoy the phone the way it is because I think your times are decent. If it needs recharging no biggy, recharge it!

4. colourtheatre thread starter macrumors regular

yeah. i get what you mean. it just kinda sucked seeing people actually having good usage out of it. i mean, it has lots of niftier features than the iPhone 3gs but battery life was one of my huge "OH YEA!" kinda thing. oh well, i guess the wait for iPhone 5 has begun :p