Length of Cinema Display Cable?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by docprego, Sep 6, 2007.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

I cannot find this information on Apple's web site. Can anyone tell me the length of the cord from where it exits the rear of the display to where it branches out to the individual connections? Are they all the same length including the power cable? I believe the power cable goes to a power brick, is that right?

I would also be interested in knowing if the 20" and 23" come with cables of different lengths.

I just want to be certain the cable will be long enough to make it from my desktop to an under desk cabinet.

Thank you.

2. iMouseHD macrumors regular

I did not pull the cords straight as they are hooked up but my best attempts with a tape measure are 4 feet from back to break out cable. 5 Feet from power brick to plug.

This is on a 20 ACD

3. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for your response. I am a bit confused. Do you mean that the cable from the back of the monitor to where it branches off 4 ways is 4 feet approximately (so that the power cord is the same length coming out of the breakout as the other 3 leads?), and that the cord that goes from the power brick to the wall outlet is an additional 5 feet long?

Thank you.

4. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

The power portion of the cord is the same length as the dvi/usb/firewire once the cable splits. To me this is a sever design flaw, however, I wouldn't give my ACD up for anything. :D

5. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I am clear now that all the cables split apart and are the same length on the PC end of the cable. But once the power cord enters the power brick, is there another cable that comes from the power brick to the wall? If there is what is the length of it?