Lenovo laptops in the UK - where to test them?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to Mac Hardware' started by zen, Dec 13, 2018.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I've been eyeing the Lenovo X1C, but I really want to see one in person - however, is it just me, or is this laptop not on display in any retail stores? I've tried John Lewis and Currys/PC World, but I've kinda run out of options!

Anyone in the UK help me out?

2. jrichards1408 macrumors 6502

No clue mate. Would be interested too in testing out

3. The_Interloper macrumors regular

The_Interloper

Nope, not available anywhere it seems. This is one of the major issues with 'premium' PC laptops in the UK - they're near-impossible to try out.

4. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

I haven't checked, but I'm hoping Lenovo have a good return policy, in that case?

5. The_Interloper macrumors regular

The_Interloper

UK Distance Selling regulation allows for a 14-day return period, no questions asked. Some are longer (e.g. Amazon at 30 days) but it depends on the retailer.

6. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

In the US the return policy is 30 days. Does that differ for the UK? Or does the UK Distance Selling Regulation require a minimum of 14 days, but longer if that is the manufacturer's policy?

7. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

But won't they have some clause about it being unopened and unused?

8. The_Interloper macrumors regular

The_Interloper

Your policy is far more generous. The law here is 14 days but some retailers (e.g. Amazon) offer longer. However, this is only for online sales - if you purchased in a store, a retailer can refuse to issue a refund/replacement if the package/seal has been opened/broken.

Not for distance selling as you did not have the opportunity to reasonably inspect it before purchase. As always, check their policy carefully first, though - I'm not a lawyer!

https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business...ne-selling/distance-selling-what-the-law-says

9. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

That is what I was curious about, because that is Lenovo’s policy here. Is that policy country dependent? Apple only does 14 days. I think Huawei is maybe even worse at 7. But most seem to do 30