Lenovo USB to DVI 1920x1200

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by newbieOSX, Jul 10, 2009.

1. newbieOSX macrumors newbie

Hello, Have anyone here tried this new product ?

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=38&Code=45K5296&current-category-id=F518DEACD67248538629B17343AFFB25

From the past, these USB->DVI adapters only go up to 1600x1200 max, which doesn't take the full res of a 23"/24"+ widescreen monitor.

But lately, DisplayLink showed a new product and Lenovo says it can now do HD resolution at 1920x1200 @ 32bit color.... Wondering if anyone with a Macbook tried this yet?

It would be awesome to run my two 24" monitors from the MBP, and say good bye to my crappy Vista workstation (it loves to crash randomly when my memory usage goes above 2.2GB)!

2. newbieOSX thread starter macrumors newbie

3. macinla macrumors newbie

I have this on order and UPS indicates that I should be getting it today! I'll report back during the weekend if it works with a Mac.

I'm looking to switch to a MacBook Pro (from a Dell desktop) but I'm reluctant to give up my dual 24" monitors...

4. macinla macrumors newbie

Just got it and it works with the MAC. Using a MacBook Pro (non Unibody). Got the latest drivers from displaylink.com. The refresh when moving windows around on the screen is slower than a screen driven via the regular DVI port, but it's not too bad.

5. pionata macrumors 6502

Interesting, I was thinking about running my 23" ACD through this:
    http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIUV200.htm

And getting the 30"...
    Just not sure about how weird it will be to have 2 screens of different sizes with my mbp!

Also I find the current 30" a bit expensive compared to the dell...