Lenovo Y730 OR 2.1Ghz Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iisarenotnobody, Nov 15, 2008.

1. iisarenotnobody macrumors member

Backstory: I have a 2.66GHz iMac as my desktop but I find myself going back and forth between the library and home (Highschool) and decided that there was no way i could really be productive if I didn't have a Laptop.

So i started looking around, the Aluminum Macbooks are too expensive for me right now (Sub 1K) so the only Mac choice i have is a White Macbook (Refurbd or New) Today for some reason I was on Lenovo's site and found the Y730 for $999 ($899 w/coupon) With the following Specs:

17" 1440x900
    320GB HD
    3GB Ram
    Ati 3650 512MB
    2GHz Intel C2d 800Mhz Bus
    Link

I plan to use the computer for CS3, and School(Word, PP Etc)
    The problem is the Lenovo can't run Final Cut Express (Legally):apple: which i like to use for semi-Pro editing and titling on my iMac.
    and the Macbook would not be a great CS3 machine without more ram and at least a 250GB HD for my Files:mad:.

Question: Which should I Choose?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I would never choose a 17" notebook as a "portable" outside a workplace or home. I'd say go with the macbook since you are going to carrying it around a lot more then staying it in one place.