Lenovo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alexrat1996, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Here the story maybe you can help me

I sent my machine to lenovo depot first Friday of dec I just got it Saturday from Fedex delivery the box came damage and the computer has still some loose parts when the computer is tilted
    There a chance Fedex damaged the machine.

It boots up fine only issue is that it has loose parts it's under warrenty 11-8-17

Lenovo tech support is horrible even over the phone

Specs it's a core i7
    256 SSD
    8GB ram

Nvdia graphics

14 inch

Win 10

Should I sell it and buy another brand ?

2. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

You should make them fix whatever they broke if you decide to sell it. I've had Apple botch repair jobs and aesthetically damage, which they readily admitted to and corrected. In one instance they replaced my brand new 2009-era 15" MBP after bending the case after replacing the videocard.

Asking advice on switching PC's on a Mac Forum is likely to yeild biased results. If you're going to go with a PC, I'd go with a Lenovo Thinkpad T-series or other quality built computer. Otherwise the MacBook's are always a solid choice. Generally you get what you pay for in terms of build quality. I have a Thinkpad T450s through my work, as far as PC's go I'm generally happy with it (minus Windows, my company's EHR program, their network, etc)

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

They keep,escalating my case to a case manager and giving me fake case numbers that never work can I sell the Machine as is and go with Microsoft surface brand

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

What exactly is the issue here? You had it sent in for what reason? And now it's damaged?

Call them up, request to talk to customer relations or similar department. Most companies usually have these people to voice complaints to and they have nothing to do with technical support. They usually have the ability to get things done quickly. If Fedex damaged the package Lenovo I believe would deal with that claim.

Microsoft currently has the top tech support ratings for all PC laptops (Apple of course is #1 ;) ). I've haven't heard great things about the Surface's reliability and software, though evidently MS has been working on it. Ive heard the SurfaceBooks are very problematic and personally I don't think their design is condusive to long term physical reliability. The cost is pretty astronomical too IMO.

You certainly pay a premium for Apple products, but you are paying for top of the line build quality, attention to detail, a solid OS designed to run on their products, and the best customer support available.

It's too bad too about MS, the Surface Pro and Book are great concepts. Apple I'm sure could make an awesome full function competitor (i.e. Not an iPad Pro but a real tablet PC). I feel thier hubris will hold them back. Right now in terms of computers, I feel MS is far more innovative than Apple.

5. imanidiot Suspended

6. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

My lenovo cost the same price as a MacBook
    --- Post Merged, Dec 11, 2016 ---
    Reason was my fan made a grinding noise

7. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

8. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

The ssd and the ram and the charging port

9. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Grab a screw driver and screw it in fully. The RAM is not loose. Or else it would not run. The charging port? Do you mean the power supply?

10. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

The D.C. Output and the SSD , can't do that or else my warrenty is screwed

11. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Is this a desktop or laptop?

If it is desktop, pop the case open, and screw it in. I have done this literally hundreds of times.

12. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Laptop

13. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

How do you know the SSD is loose?

14. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

You find the schematic for my laptop

15. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

How on earth, in the world of thousands of configurations, am I supposed to find the schematic for your laptop?

16. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

No I found it

17. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Have you opened the case (usually the bottom panel will come off by removing a few screws)?
    Removing the bottom, just to look, won't affect any warranty (unless YOU break something, and taking the cover off won't do that, unless you are extraordinarily clumsy.
    Look at the various internals. Tighten down, if you can. If you can't take care of the problem yourself, then ship it back to the Lenovo service center.
    This is not rocket science, you know. Just a laptop. No reason to get rid of the laptop if you have warranty issues.

18. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I complained they have me on wait for 4-5 days till a case manger calls me possible refund or replacement machine

19. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sounds like you complained to the right person.
    So, only 4 or 5 (probably business) days, or about a week, and you should have some resolution?
    I'm thinking that's pretty quick action, for Lenovo... :D
    Can you come back, and tell us what they will do for you?

20. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I sure will I would rather get a refund and spend that on the new MacBook pro with touch bar