Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Everyone needs an gorgeous personalized background for social profile, blog, Web/UI design, presentation or wallpaper, right? So, why not equip yourself with this easy-to-use app and transform your photos into blurred effect!

picture.php

Create inspiring bokeh effects without a big lens.

picture.php

* Creative Pack and 3D Bokeh Pack are available as in-app purchase.

Bokeh is the pleasing or aesthetic quality of out-of-focus blur in a photograph. Unlike traditional blur filters, Lens Blur provides accurate lens simulation of true optical defocused effects, including silky specular highlights, which are natural to human eyes. Using this app you can create bokeh style fine art with photos taken with any compact or smart phone cameras.

Take your bokeh photographs to next level with the new powerful feature of version 1.3. Now you can use the 5 built-in specialized aperture shapes and additional wide selection of flat and 3D bokeh shapes to create stunning bokeh art as never seen before!

Stylish and attractive web design

Large background images have been in use for some time now in website design, however, using sharp, in-focus images can bring complications, and doesn't always have the desired effect. Using blurred images have a few advantages, a major one is that the image resolution does not have to be as high as an in-focus image, and will reduce page loading time significantly.

Add depth to UI design

picture.php

The use of a blurred background brings the in-focus UI parts into even sharper focus to draw the eye. Text on top of a blurred image is much clearer than that on a sharp image. Finally, a blurred image can really set the mood to portray the right vibe for the app's image. Use Lens Blur to polish your app and get a classy look!

Create unique abstract artwork from any ordinary photo.

picture.php

Lens Blur allows you to simulate aperture of very expensive professional big lenses. Love the appealing extremely defocused images? Use them as wallpapers on your computers, tablets or phones. Need an abstract texture for your slideshow? Make a your unique one with this app!

- - - - -

Download Lens Blur at:
http://www.lens-blur.com

- - - - -

If you'd like to help test this app and offer suggestions, please post here or contact us to request a free promo code.

We have set up an album on MacRumors to showcase a few texture blurred by our app. Please check out:
https://forums.macrumors.com/album.php?albumid=1184

Best regards,
Richard ;)
NexusHubs

Last edited:

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Shift-Tilt will be a major feature of the upcoming Lens Blur release. We are still working on performence issue to support older macs.

Thanks for your inquiry.

voidmain

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
I don't know much about photography, but the result look good to me, please give me a redeem code, and I'll see if I want to buy it! Thanks!

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you for your support!

Celebrating No.1 photo app in 12 country's stores, we are offering another 10 free promo codes now. Leave a message here or email me to request your code.

Thanks,
Richard

Lens Blur

csfalcao

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2014
Feature request

Looks a very good app, I'd like to have the option to have masks, maybe just open a 8 bit grayscale image as a mask, so we can make some better depth simulation, specially from 3D apps images.

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
New soft focus lens profile added to version 1.2

Dreamy effect and smooth skin out-of-box with Lens Blur v1.2:

picture.php

picture.php

To celebrate featured on top banner on MAS today, we continue to offer huge discount on Lens Blur.

Last edited:

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Thank you for the review. You did tear down the app and evaluated every aspect of it. It's an honest review with deep insight.

bastisk8

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
I`m also interested in a promo code. Would love to see the capabilities of this app and post a review on the app store if i like it.

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Version 1.3 released.

New feature: Create stunning bokeh art with the new wide selection of aperture shapes

picture.php

Additional bokeh shapes are available as I.A.P.

picture.php

picture.php

We have 20 extra promo codes available for testers now. Please contact us at richard@nexushubs.com to request one.

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Lens Blur version 1.4 has been published on Mac App Store. Now you can save slider settings for further editing.

bastisk8

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
Hi,

i just received a promo code and have to say, the app works suprisingly well. The bokeh looks really good and with some adjustments quite close to "real" lens-bokeh. No need to carry that heavy DLSR anymore ;)
I like the clean UI and the adjustment window with virtual lenses, aperture- and exposure settings etc..
Also, the sample overlay is quite nice - it lets you view your photos as Facebook cover, IOS homescreen etc..

One feature i miss, though, is a masking option to exclude certain parts of the image from getting blurred.

Other than that, i really like the app so far.
Especially in combination with Pixelmator (for masking options), it`s worth a try.

Last edited:

omihek

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Saves thousands of dollar$$$$

I just wanted to post on here about my experience with the Lens Blur app. It is an awesome app and I can actually see myself using it for day to day things I work on. I am always taking photos of just about everything. I've recently started posting some of my better ones online, and I've been wanting to try new camera effects for awhile, but all I have is an iPhone 5S. Now, instead of spending thousands of dollars on cameras and lenses, I can just use this $10 app to do the job. It doesn't include everything, but it includes more than enough to be worth the price. If you're trying to decide whether to buy it or not, I'd say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

wsjenkins

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
Image opens then redraws black

I'm on an iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM and when I add a picture I see it. But, as it starts to process/draw, the image just turns black.

Anyone have any advice on how to rectify this in the Lens Blur app?

NexusHubs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
I'm on an iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM and when I add a picture I see it. But, as it starts to process/draw, the image just turns black.

Anyone have any advice on how to rectify this in the Lens Blur app?

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having the rendering problem with Lens Blur. It seems that the download was damaged. Try delete the app and redownload it from the Mac App Store. Please directly contact me at richard@nexushubs.com if you have further questions.

Regards,
Richard

NexusHubs Software

wsjenkins

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having the rendering problem with Lens Blur. It seems that the download was damaged. Try delete the app and redownload it from the Mac App Store. Please directly contact me at richard@nexushubs.com if you have further questions.

Regards,
Richard

NexusHubs Software

Hi Richard,

I've tried deleting and re-installing several times. Still encountering the same issue. I'm wondering if there's a conflict on this computer specifically.

Thank you,

Wendy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.