Lens renting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BigJohno, Apr 15, 2008.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Hey do you guys now of a good site that rents lenses and has lenses that fit the sony alpha 700?

Thanks

Edit: I found a site but want to get your guys impute. Its this legit? http://www.alphalensrental.com/lens.php

2. kidkaprie macrumors member

kidkaprie

3. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

You will most likely need to rent a Nikon or Canon body to go along with the lens. Not many places rent Sony mount lenses. But it's not a big deal typically the "big glass" that people want to rent has a much higher price than a body so the need to pick up a Nikon or Canon body adds maybe only $50 to the price of a weekend rental.

If you live in So. cal. Samy's is good. A wekend counts as only one "day" and you can pick up Fri after noon and keep it until Monday noon. The last thing I got from them was some medium format gear. They have everything, studio lighting, you name it.

Find a local place if you can. Shipping is expensive and not worth it if you just need it for one day.

5. termina3 macrumors 65816

6. Draddy macrumors regular

12%

7. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, I'm bringing back this thread...
    Does anyone know any stores that are in Toronto for renting lenses? The reason why I'd rather not mail is because I literally only need the gear for 1 day.

thank you very, very much.