Leo Laporte on Live! with Kelly

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FloatingBones, Feb 3, 2012.

1. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Leo was on Live! with Kelly this morning to show products from this year's CES show. In the first half of the segment (about 2 minutes), he showed the Asus Zenbook, the HP Envy, Sony's Experia (Android), the Nokia Lumina 900 (Windows), Droid RAZR Max, Samsung Galaxy Note, the Sony Tablet P (Portable Game System).

Kelly said the Galaxy Note looked like Michael Douglas on Wall Street (1987) with his old massive analog cell phone. :D

Leo really likes the Lumina 900, but he didn't really have any time to talk about it in the segment.

In the second half, Leo showed the Sony Tablet P (Android Tablet with optional docking keyboard), the brand-new MakerBot Replicator ("If your oven knob falls off, you just print a new one."), the Fitbit Aria scale (that can auto-tweet your weight), the Sphero Robotic Ball, The Samsung DV300F camera (with a 2nd front-facing display), Behringer's tabletop iPhone speaker and their $30,000 iNuke Boom Box (Kelly said, "It was vibrating at exactly the right spots").

Leo had a Portal companion cube made with the Makerbot on stage, but he didn't explain what it was. A graphic popped up for the Galaxy Tab 7.7, but that product wasn't shown. I guess that got cut for time.

Apple doesn't do CES; Leo didn't show any Apple products. OTOH, he did say "Macbook Air" three times and "Air" once in the first 20 seconds of the segment. :p

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Kelly Ripa

4. FloatingBones thread starter macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

5. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I've pretty much stopped listening to Leo's stuff. Too much chat these days, not enough knowledge... There's no reason for a show like MacBreak weekly to run over 2 hours.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I agree. The only show I still watch is Security Now! I learn a lot from Steve Gibson and Leo doesn't talk nearly as much.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I still listen to him...I find the show a little bit informative, but I find him very bias. Also, it seems like when he's doing his Mac show he hates windows and when he does his windows show he hates Macs.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Who is Leo?

10. FloatingBones thread starter macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

...and don't even mention the Google show!

Leo is a bit chameleon-like from show to show. OTOH, I have no idea how one could host multiple shows and tend to do that a bit.

The thing I appreciated from the show today was the live demo of the MakerBot. This is the third year that the low-cost 3DP has been at the CES, and it's starting to get traction. Giving a segment of America an idea what a 3D printer can do is a very cool thing. I don't know if many housewives know what a companion cube is, but I'm sure a few kids watching the show recognized it.

11. beardparty macrumors newbie

Behringer's tabletop iPhone speaker?

Where can I find the Behringer's tabletop iPhone speaker, FloatingBones?

12. FloatingBones thread starter macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

I looked on the Behringer website. Their consumer electronics catalog is available as a PDF download here. The BOOMPOW 100 is listed on p. 8 of their catalog. I don't believe it's available for sale here yet.

The last page of the catalog has a cool picture of the iNuke. :)

13. FloatingBones thread starter macrumors 65816

FloatingBones