Leo Laporte's MacBreak Weekly

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Denholm, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Denholm macrumors member

Denholm

Great show. Just wondering how many like to listen to Leo's MacBreak Weekly?

:D

Really love the show, it's how I started discovering Apple products and one of the reasons I got my first iPod Nano. I don't regret my purchases, I am discovering a whole new world of computing after being a Windows user since Windows 3.11.

Anyway. Leo's great and I especially like Andy Ihnatko's views on the topic.

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you like MBW, then check out TWIT (This week in Tech). It covers more than just Apple products, but it is done in a similar format. It's a great way to keep up with tech news - both inside and outside of Apple....

If you have any interest in Photography, check out TWIP (This week in Photography). Alex Lindsay hosts that one...

Really almost all of Leo's podcasts are fun to listen to.

You can watch him on TWIT.TV also:

http://live.twit.tv/

3. Denholm thread starter macrumors member

Denholm

That's great! Thanks, just had a look though and now subscribed to Leo's podcasts throught my iTunes.

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I wouldn't bother with TWiT this week. Leo all but declared Steve Jobs dead. :rolleyes:

Leo Laporte is a master at playing to his audience. His tone and opinion change on the various topics with his different podcasts.

Take the Steve Jobs story, listen to MacBreak Weekly, TWiT, Tech Guy and Windows Weekly. He approached the story and adjusted his commentary differently on each one.

All Leo's podcasts have all-star panels, I would check out each one at www.twit.tv.

Just a few of the hosts of the various TWiT podcasts: Alex Lindsay (film and graphics guru, worked on Stars Wars, runs Pixel Corps, TWiP and the MacBreak video podcast), Scott Bourne (founded Net Radio the first Internet radio station, professional photographer, hosts TWiP), Andy Ihnatko (Chicago Sun-Times journalist), Paul Thurrott (Windows enthusiast), Steve Gibson (discovered and coined the term spyware), John C. Dvorak (Market Watch columnist), etc. It's amazing the people he managed to assemble together.

5. Denholm thread starter macrumors member

Denholm

It's ridiculous of Leo to say that Steve Jobs is dead. Steve is a great man and a very creative man. I wouldn't count him out just yet. I hope his health returns and he continues at Apple.

Actually one thing that annoyed me is how on Windows Weekly he got all so excited about Windows7, saying that it should be released 'now'. Far out :rolleyes:

Actually I don't much like John C. Dvorak, he thinks that Apple will loose it's way and fade away without Steve Jobs. I really don't believe that. There are enough clever and very motivated people at Apple to make sure that Apple continue to be very successful IMHO.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

He's not the only one that feels that way though. Windows 7 beta is well known to be more stable than Vista. It's simply ready in my opinion. Of course, this time Microsoft will take their time to get it right.

And yes, I love Leo's Podcasts (TWiT, MBW, WW). Avid follower and listen mostly in my car to and from work. It's just a lot of fun to listen to them and you get some really great insights into the tech industry and not just from the hosts but from the guests. Especially when they have former Apple employees on.

7. Denholm thread starter macrumors member

Denholm

I think Windows 7 will do well, but it's just not my taste in operating systems - that's why I'm here ;)

Leo's cool. I just downloaded a year's worth of TWiT episodes. I wish they did a video podcast too. That way I could watch it on my iPod :cool:

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The TWiT community posts a video version

"This Week in Tech" Video It's about an episode behind usually.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Weird. I edited and it resulted in a double post.

Ignore.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

You could also give the MacCast with Adam Christianson a listen.

11. one1 macrumors 65816

Ya I have been doing the MBW thing for quite a while. It was pretty stale for the last month with like.... 45 minute shows and nothing to talk about, but they picked it back up with a full 2 hour show this past week. Granted they spent the entire second hour on picks of the week.....

12. mpshay macrumors 6502

I listen to most of his podcasts.

While I don't always agree with his position, I think it's only smart to take a slightly different postion based on your expected audience.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can watch twit live and see everything as it happens. I think video podcasts are coming.

14. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

TWIT is great, love it when Hodgeman comes on the show, he's so funny.

ChrisN

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I do TWIT, The Tech Guy and Mac Weekly.... Listen to them on my to and from work. The only thing that drives me crazy are some of the questions. I know Leo is laughing and making hand gestures at some of the questions. Love the shows thou. Very informative.

16. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

www.odtv.me is a TWiT-sanctioned community project. It has all the show's recorded in h.264 for the iPhone.

You can also manually subscribe in iTunes, but it's not listed in the podcast directory so it won't take away from the "official" show numbers.

17. Denholm thread starter macrumors member

Denholm

I hope it happens, would really enjoy watching the show on my iPod Nano :D

18. Denholm thread starter macrumors member

Denholm

:eek: That is so great, thanks for posting the link.