Leopard 10.5.1 Disk Utility

Discussion in 'macOS' started by willie45, Nov 18, 2007.

1. willie45 macrumors regular

Hi

I have just installed the 10.5.1 update for Leopard and I thought I would run the Disk Utility because I had some problems with this under 10.5.0

Anyway I verified permissions and got the following messages:

"Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired."

Whereas with 10.5.0 I got one such message saying remote management would not be repaired, now I'm getting loads of them. I'm quite new to Mac an don't know what I should do. Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This is a "problem" with the 10.5.1 updates, see this thread

3. willie45 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks xUKHCx

So it seems I can safely ignore these issues. :)

Willie