Leopard 10.5.1 update

danwestbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Surrey, UK
Just wondering if anyone knew when the first leopard update is coming, as im really considering going back to Tiger due to quite a few problems with various stuff, hopefully will be by Christmas, if not i will going back to my Carbon Copy Clone.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
What problems you having out of interest? I am doing OK so far - still got my 10.4.10 clone for keeps at the moment...

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
While I can't wait for the update to come soon enough I won't go back to Tiger. All I can say is at least our peripherals work (Windows Vista) :D

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
What problems you having out of interest? I am doing OK so far - still got my 10.4.10 clone for keeps at the moment...
To name a few:

- Airport Disk problems, very rarely connects properly and performance is awful
- Finder window; changing to list view applys that to ALL folders
- Performance issues with Core Animation, isn't always smooth (Tiger was sometimes better)
- Mac keeps a blank screen for about 10-15 seconds before shutting down completely
- Front Row not supporting AirTunes anymore

There's a few others but I can't remember them. Leopard is a fantastic OS and I love every bit of it. Just I hope Apple addresses a lot of these issues in 10.5.1.

danwestbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Surrey, UK
*problems connecting to a samba share (2 out off 3 work)
*issues with front row on external screen with front row
*gpg for mail plugin
*sometimes crashes when opening parallels
*issue with dvi switch box causing it to need to be restarted.
*vlc jerky
* sleep mode not waking up correctly

***Just to let you know i did a clean install, so should not be any Leopard upgrade issue's