Leopard 10.5 not for sale anymor? Ahhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CTipping, Oct 21, 2009.

1. CTipping macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I really really need to buy a bunch of copies of Leopard right now. And no one is selling it anywhere (in bulk). Seems as if last month Apple pulled the plug on stock of Leopard to their resellers and we are having one heck of a time trying to find ANYONE with more than 2 copies in stock. We are currently on 10.4 but the upgrade to 10.6 is just to risky (and the costs to upgrade to Quark 8, Adobe CS4 and our font software packages) is part of the problem as well! IF anyone knows any store selling them (in the UK preferably) but anywhere really - i would greatly appreciate it!

2. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

Apple's retail stores are for individual consumers. College kids and the like. If you're running a business, you should contact one of Apple's corporate sales account managers. I'm sure they can get you what you need, and in the right quantities.

If that fails, and they refuse to sell you Leopard, then personally I would just buy one Leopard disc and use it to upgrade all the machines. Obviously you're not stealing any revenue from Apple by doing this, if they refused to *sell* you the software.

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I noticed OtherWorld Computing (MacSales) has it for sale. They have a family pack for $195. They are US based, so you would have to check with them to see if they ship to the UK, and how many they have available.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Apple/MB577ZA/