Leopard & AEBS & Air Disk... files not showing up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dogtanian, Nov 4, 2007.

1. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Hi guys, hope there is an easy answer to my question because the whole Air disk on Leopard has been so easy up until this stage.

My problem is this, I set up my AEBS (Which was incredibly easy btw) so now I have 802.11n networking throughout my home. I have a WD myBook 500GB hard drive which is in two partitions, one for Time Machine (I'll be waiting for Apple to sort out Air Disk and TM before thats gonna be useful) and the other named 'media server' with various media files including movies and photos.

They work fine when connected via cable to my mac and show up when connected via Air Disk too, the problem is that when I've connected to the volumes via Air Disk, none of the files show up. I'm registered as a authorised user but still nothing shows up in the volume. Its mounted on my desktop and shows the accurate size of the HDD but just empty...

Help! It was all so easy up untill now... :(

2. dogtanian thread starter macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Well now I'm just having the usual connection issues like everyone else.

I *seriously* cannot wait till the next AEBS and or Leopard update. :(

3. jskess macrumors newbie

Same problem on this end

I'm having the same original problem, and previously posted a question that nobody responded to. At first I could fix it through restarting, but that stopped working, as well. I reconfigured to allow access with a disk password (rather than a network password), and now that seems to be working, at least for the time being.

Just wondering how you fixed yours? Also, I haven't had any of the connectivity problems.

4. dogtanian thread starter macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Oh no I'm still having the old issues too! :p

Good to hear I'm not alone. I will defo try to change it to a disk password apposed to the base station password I had before. I should seriosuly sort it out, its kind of a waste of having TM if I can't backup... :( 10.5.1 soon!!!

5. jskess macrumors newbie

update, but confused with the fake fix

OK, don't know what ANY of this means, but here's what I'm experiencing. First, I'm running a laptop, so I sleep it several times a day, and probably 3/4 of the time the disks come back. When it does it, I just go to the airport utility and change whether it's access with a disk password or with the airport password, then reset the AEBS. This has worked every time. On the other hand, if you try to change user access and reset, it does not work, and I've got the same connection problems. Also, I've found the disks disconnect far less when I don't allow guest access, rather than having it on read or read/write. I've also found that going to the Connect to Server in the Go menu is much more reliable than simply clicking on the shared server in the sidebar.

Hope this helps, and I'm hoping somebody's much more well-versed in this stuff so we can figure out a real fix, rather than just this multi-step patch. Anybody else having better luck?

6. jskess macrumors newbie

Another change, another update, c'mon 10.5.1

Okay, now every time I sleep it disconnects and I have to go through the stuff listed in last post. I've now moved airport utility into the dock for easy access. Won't be setting up time machine any time soon, but will just have to continue the old manual backup.

7. jskess macrumors newbie

another tip

Now I find that if I disconnect the server prior to sleep, I can reconnect through the Go menu without error. Cumbersome, but getting better. I will say, though, I'm finding it's really stable while up and running. I'm not getting any dropped files while copying, or anything.