Leopard + AEBS Air Disk problems...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by netdog, Oct 27, 2007.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

When I run iTunes off my library that is hanging of my AEBS, iTMS 128AACs work fine, but I don't have enough throughput off the drive to play lossless audio files. Haven't dared even attempt video.

I am not using wireless. This is on ethernet. It is, however, off my main router, an AEBS. I never had this problem under Tiger.

Internet seems slowish but okay, but this feed off the drive is pathetic.

2. Veil macrumors member

Same problems here. Also, the way Leopard sees my drive is different.

In Tiger it used to mount my disk automatically and see it as an external harddrive (if I'm correct). Now my Airport Extreme shows up in Finder > Shared. I have to mount my HD, and then it's accessible. Problem is, Leopard automatically unmounts it after a while! Haven't found a pattern yet, seems to be happening randomly. After this it even isn't always possible anymore to remount the disk. Sometimes it's completely gone, and won't show up again until after a reboot.

Anyways, although Time Machine does work with the drive when you setup Time Machine with the drive connected, and then connect it with the AEBS again, with these speeds and the constant unmounting of the drive, it's kinda useless for the moment.

3. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

I had a problem with Leopard even connecting to the Airport disk. It would connect and then disconnect, and then said it was just connected as a guest. Finally for whatever reason (keychain update?) it is connecting as me (the admin account).

I don't see the icon for the hard drive on the desktop like I did before as well. I dragged the folder to the dock, however, and access it there.

The performance, however, is horrible. No streaming video for sure. Perhaps an update in the near near future!

4. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Same. This recurs for me from time to time; I haven't figured out the cause yet, but the fix for me is to 3-finger salute and relaunch Finder. It immediately fixes the problem and I can connect to the AEBS.

5. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Maybe that's my problem. I was doing Finder relaunch and then 3-finger salute. Will try again tonight. :D

6. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Worky?