Leopard Airport Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HydroHero, Jan 13, 2008.

1. HydroHero macrumors newbie

Ok so I installed my macbook with Leopard a few months ago and everything was fine. I even partioned my computer using Boot camp. It was like a 5-8 GB. Everything was fine for a while. Then about last week I would notice that when I was on my Mac partion my airport wouldn't pick up any wireless network. I checked the wireless connection and it was full, but my airport on my Mac partion wouldn't pick it up. When I would switch over to my Windows partion I could use my internet fine.

I then removed the partion and within a few hours the airport was working again. So then I decided to partion again. (I need to use window's internet explorer for my class). When I switch to my Mac partion airport doesn't work.

How can I fix this without getting rid of the partion.

2. phongho2 macrumors newbie

I'm in need of help of this also!

When I boot up with Windows and restart into Mac OS my airport doesn't work for a while, then it starts up again after I restart several times. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It's quite annoying.

3. nerdbert macrumors regular

nerdbert

Did you try to shut down the computer and restart (instead of rebooting)?

I had a similar problem some years ago with linux and windows. Turns out that the wlan driver puts some data in the firmware when initializing. When I did a simple reboot the device would not power off leaving the driver part active, which caused problems with the driver from the other OS...

edit: The official driver which comes with Boot Camp should not have such issues. I'd try to reinstall it.

4. phongho2 macrumors newbie

I've shut down and booted up again, but it still happens. I've also tried to reinstall once now and it hasn't helped. Any other suggestions guys?

5. nerdbert macrumors regular

nerdbert

Hm, I really liked my idea - it explained it all ;)

Another thing you could do to narrow it down:

After rebooting from Windows to OSX try to connect Airport and after that open a terminal and type the following:

sudo dmesg | grep en1
    (this will prompt you for your password)

If there are any suspicious messages post them here (and if you can't tell the difference just post all of it)