Leopard and ADC Student membership

Discussion in 'macOS' started by R.Youden, Oct 16, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

On my post grad course I am doing quite a bit of software based work so I decided to get a student ADC membership. With the increase in price of the education version of Leopard this looks like a good move. One quick question; when will Leopard be available for download? I noticed that Tiger was posted on the ADC downloads section a few weeks before the retail version. I imagine that this was when the GM was made available to full members, how long before student members get access?

Thanks.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that is a good question. hopefully someone will help us out in getting the answer. i would like to know also

3. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

Do you get to download the 10.5 and 10.5 sever beta's eventually? or is that just the $499 one? And was also wondering what the hardware discount was? hopefully better than a standard edu discount.

4. icecone macrumors regular

Does it mean we just have to pay for $99 and get leopard?

5. powz macrumors regular

That's how it worked for Tiger, but as of this moment they still haven't released Leapord to student developers. When I asked them about it before joining they wouldn't give me a definite answer on whether Leopard would be part of the deal. I guess we'll know soon...

6. icecone macrumors regular

That is great
    so pay $99, and get all mac os x releases in the future?

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

$99/year for Student Developer.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

From the student ADC website :

"Mac OS X and Xcode Tools
    Get software for development and testing. Student Members receive the current version of Mac OS X and Xcode via mail along with download access to the latest Xcode updates."

Student members will receive the current OS. Meaning as soon as Leopard ships students should get a copy shipped to them.

9. Blacky macrumors member

Yes I can confirm this, I asked this when I ordered my ADC student, so we should definitly get leopard, just wonder when, 26th of October, before, or after?

ADC mailings usually get here between the 1st and 5th of each month, so waiting for a week would really be hard while everyone else is enjoying the leopardy goodness ;)

10. powz macrumors regular

They confirmed it for you? That's good. They wouldn't tell me anything (maybe they didn't know back when I joined in July). Hopefully they'll post it for download so we don't have to wait for the developer mailing, though a week more isn't that much considering how long we've waited already.

11. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

it looks to me as if you'd have to wait on it to come in the mail

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Thats how it works for developers.Often we receive it after the end-user does,

13. mwxiao macrumors regular

If I register for a ADC student membership now, will I receive Leopard next month? The getting current OS is a one-time thing or as long as there is an update?

14. icecone macrumors regular

I want to know that too
    Can I register and then buy a MBP IMMEDIATELY with discount?

15. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, the discount is available to use like a day or two after you send in confirmation.