Leopard and CS3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sweetbike40, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

    Sweetbike40

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    NY/NJ
    #1
    I've been all about waiting for Leopard before i buy a Macbook Pro. Now i'm wondering if i buy a laptop with Leopard installed, will CS3 install and run on it?

    So i'm thinking to buy the laptop at the store the day Leopard is announced, get the installer discs and wait til CS3 is updated for it. Does this make sense?

    Has anyone had any experience with lets say Tiger. When Tiger came out, were the Adobe Creative programs working on it right away.

    Thanks for any thoughts on this.
     
  2. Multimedia macrumors 603

    Multimedia

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2001
    Location:
    Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
    #2
    Yes CS1 Worked On Tiger Right Away

    I think CS2 came out after Tiger. Anyway I think it's likely that CS3 will work right away. But no one may know for sure since even Adobe may not yet know what release candidate made Gold Master.

    Here's hoping it will. ;) So that's a definite maybe. :)
     
  3. kostia macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    #3
    Tiger was released 4/29/05.
    CS2 was released 4/21/05.

    I got CS2 the day it came out. I installed CS2 under Panther. I got Tiger the day it came out. I upgraded to Tiger. Nothing broke.

    I rely on the Creative Suite applications for my livelihood. These days I run CS3 in Tiger, and I have absolutely no hesitation about upgrading to Leopard the day it's released.

    Perhaps I'm less wary than I should be, but at the worst you can bet that if upgrading to Leopard (or installing under Leopard) breaks CS3, it'll be patched very quickly.
     
  4. iHermes macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    #4
    yeah ... i plan to get cs3 install with i get my imac with leopard ... anyone knows of any known issues ... please help me out ...

    also, if i get cs3 full version ... can i just by the upgrade cs4 or something if i want to upgrade ?
     
  5. a456 macrumors 6502a

    a456

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2005
    #5
    Adobe did announce the other day that they hadn't given CS3 the all-clear on Leopard yet. Which most likely means there are some bugs to iron out. This might cause annoyance. And while no doubt they will iron out the bugs, CS3 is a big suite of programs that is still being patched quite heavily on Tiger. Most professionals hold back on updates of an OS because these are not simple programs to update and it took long enough for Adobe to go Universal and now to leap from Tiger to Leopard is even further work. If you can buy CS3 now and wait for a few months before buying a new Mac - or else if you can buy the Mac this week and take advantage of the uptodate price later then do so. (Remember CS3 can be active on two of your computers at once, and can be easily activated/deactivated on different machines as you upgrade.)
     
  6. shinji macrumors 65816

    shinji

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2007
    #6
    I found this http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/18/analysis-adobe-cs3-may-not-work-with-leopard/

    Not looking good if this guy's comment is accurate http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/18/analysis-adobe-cs3-may-not-work-with-leopard/#c7664405

    Not very inspiring- what do you all think?
     
  7. rmh macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    Location:
    Texas
    #7
    I think I'm going to be pretty sad until they iron out the bugs.
     
  8. shinji macrumors 65816

    shinji

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2007
    #8
    Yeah, if you read later in the comments though there's a guy who said Photoshop and Acrobat work fine but he hasn't tried the others. That's before the thread devolved into "Is Adobe the new Quark?" and a rant about Avid.

    So I'm not sure how there can be two radically two different experiences...also this was a version from the middle of September, who knows what Adobe has done in the meantime wrt patches.
     
  9. shecky Guest

    shecky

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Location:
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    #9
    because i make 90+% of my income in one way or another thru my MBP, i am waiting a couple of weeks before i install leopard to make sure everything works as promised, including CS3. i do not need to be the 1st kid on my block to have leopard installed, but i do nee to be the kid on my block with a fully functioning machine at all times.
     
  10. Sweetbike40 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Sweetbike40

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    NY/NJ
    #10
    i decided to take the safe route and bought my new laptop tonight with the install disks pre-ordered. i figure, it's the best of both world. i have tiger now and will hold onto leopard until i know it will not cause too many problems. i need cs3 to work.
     
  11. Pierce macrumors newbie

    Pierce

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #11
    My thoughts exactly.
     

Share This Page