Leopard and iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jota73, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Guys,

What is expected to happen when I sync my iphone with leopard?? (unlocked iphone)

any news ...?

2. Nutter macrumors 6502

The same thing as happens in Tiger. The version of iTunes that ships with Leopard is exactly the same as the one you're using in Tiger.

3. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

and what about mail?

but what about ToDo's in the new mail for example?

4. calvy macrumors 65816

Why does everyone expect that Leopard is going to change their iPhone somehow? iTunes syncs with the phone, not OS X. And Leopard is coming with the latest version of iTunes as far as I know.

New mail features are great, but until iTunes is updated to take advantage of them, I don't think we can expect anything. And surely if we were about to get note syncing, Apple would have included that in the feature list of either iTunes or the iPhone updates.

5. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I have a feeling that Apple will let the Leopard release stand on its own, and then after the smoke clears, a new iPhone/iTunes combo will be released with Leopard features enabled, maybe with notes syncing, etc.
    This will entice the fence sitters to buy the new OS to increase the capability of their iPhones.

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I heard they were really clamping down on it.
    :p

Attached Files:

7. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

LOL, this isn't real is, Is it?

8. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I wonder if Apple will start naming the major iPhone OS releases like they do with OS X . (Tiger, Leopard, etc)

They should use cat names for the iPhone OS' ( Siamese, Persian, Korat, Sphynx, Burmese )

So the Mac OS' releases have the big cat names and the iPhone OS' have the little cat names.

9. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Although I also believe a new iPod/iTunes update will roll out new features, it's not impossible for Leopard to make new sync options possible.

For example, the existing iTunes could have the capability to sync notes, but doesn't do so because the new system feature is absent. Once you install Leopard, it is there and iTunes will synchronize it. Not saying it's likely, but possible. This stuff may have been planned out months ago, when they might have expected to ship Leopard earlier.

But ToDo's would require a new app on the iPhone of course.