Leopard and Itunes w/ a Powermac 1.6 Ghz

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kweston2, Jun 15, 2008.

1. kweston2 macrumors newbie

I am having trouble with a powermac 1.6 I picked up. I have leopard 10.5.3 and all the updates to all applications. I am importing CD's into Itunes in Apple Lossless format. Intermittently the entire computer will completely freeze and all the fans ramp up until they are at full throttle.No Kernel Panic just frozen and fans on... The weird part is that it is usually half way through the last song of the CD. This is true 9 times out of 10. It doesn't matter which CD or how many songs are on it will be the last song. Dont get me wrong most Cd's import fine, all the way through, but some lock up. Then I will just select to import that one song that was missed... after I reboot... and I will move on to the next CD. Other than this the computer runs great. Its seems way to specific to be a hardware problem sounds like software... any suggestions?

Note all Cd's are pristine... hardware monitor IStat indicates normal CPU temp.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. shakir macrumors member

i have problems with itunes locking up too when syncing or using coverflow. ran disk utility and hardware test and nothing seems to be the problem. most probably software. hard reseting is really annoying as it might damage my imac.

4. kweston2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats interesting I didn't think of that... but it might have some merit. Yesterday I hand-braked (new verb?) a DVD and it made it through the whole thing(10-15 hours) but playback was choppy throughout the entire movie. I haven't tried playing a DVD yet. I do have an external drive I could use... Thanks for your thoughts...