leopard and madden 08 for mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by twoodcc, Oct 25, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i was curious if this game works with leopard? i wanted to know before i upgraded

thanks

2. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. bloodfeud macrumors newbie

I just got Madden... I haven't played it on 10.4, but it DOES NOT work for me on 10.5. The game starts and when it reaches the menu there is no text around the menu... All the text is off the screen somewhere. It probably has something to do with the resolution settings but you cant see any of the options in madden because of the problem so it is hopeless. I haven't seen anything on the internet about it other than this... I hope they release something soon to fix it.

Have you had any problems like this with 10.4?

4. philipbatalion macrumors newbie

same

I have the same problem with Madden, didnt find anything else either. They better get something to fix it soon.

5. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Mine is the same now on Leopard. On 10.4.10 it worked fine. Now menu and selections are off and unusable. But if you expect support from EA don't hold your breath. From hearing about Tiger Golf and there problems ours might be a while....

Update; I submitted a ticket to EA and the response follows (Similar to EA Response to Tiger Woods)

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support.

Currently, we are in correspondence with Apple regarding the graphical errors you are experiencing with Madden NFL 08 for the Mac. We are aware of the issue and we are working with Apple to repair this problem as this is affecting other Mac users as well. This error stems from an ATI card driver issue which will need to be patched by Apple in a system update. At this time, if you need further information please subscribe to the FAQ which can be found at this link: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=18266. If you subscribe to this FAQ, you will receive emails regarding any updates to this issue. Again, I wanted to thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have anymore questions please feel free to respond back to this email or please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com). Have a great day!!!

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support!

Bill......:mad:

6. EddieRebel macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting that, merc. I am in the exact same boat. I read all of the reviews on apple.com about it not working in Tiger, but for me it worked fine. There were a few quirks (online didn't work) but it looked great, and played great.

Now after upgrading to Leopard it appears to have the same issue that others reported in Tiger (and you reported). For some reason Leopard broke it, hopefully EA is right and that Apple is working on some type of patch right now. It would be nice to be able to play it again soon.

7. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

8. bloodfeud macrumors newbie

Finally!!!

This was posted on the Madden 08 page on the Apple store website.

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it works.