leopard and mbp SR 2.2 ghz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Freyqq, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I have the specs listed above and leopard. Ever since i upgraded to leopard, expose has been very laggy when i have more than 5 or 6 things open. Tiger use to handle 25+ with ease. Is this just a glitch everyone is experiencing that will be fixed soon or is it just me? THanks.

and no, its not my videocard. 8600GT with 128 ram that can run Oblivion in bootcamp at medium-high settings at 30+ fps can certainly handle a little expose animation where windows move around the screen in 2d lol.

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

3. steinlager macrumors regular

I have the exact same computer. I noticed this the first time I installed Leopard.

I did an archive and install, immediately downloaded all the updates, and then recovered all my old files & such. Worked like a charm and now everything's smooth and runs great. :D

4. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

all updates are installed

it was worse with earlier patches, but it still is nothing compared to tiger

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

hmm... we have the same MBP and i haven't notice this at all. Even with Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3 running it's fine! Have you tried clearing your system cache?

6. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

i've run onyx a few times..that clears everything i think

7. steinlager macrumors regular

I found that clearing system cache helps sometimes. Try that.

8. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

i'll try onyx again, but i've done it before with no effect.

another issue i've been having is when waking from sleep, sometimes the screen backlight turns on but the monitor remains black and i have to hard-restart. Any ideas to fix that?

9. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I prefer MainMenu, it just sits on the menu-bar ready to use whenever.

Hmm.. I believe all MacBooks and MacBook Pro's have this problem.. nowt we can do, that's gotta be something only Apple can fix. I just put the machine to sleep again.. and re-wake it.