Leopard and Snow L. disparities

Discussion in 'macOS' started by supercooled, Jan 22, 2010.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I finally went back to 10.5 because I was so tired of booting up my machine not knowing if the graphics drivers would load properly or not. It was a game of Russian Roulette every time I booted my MacPro 3,1 because 2 out of 3 times, the display graphics would load fuzzy text/graphics and I needed to either sleep/wake to rectify this which for some reason loses the optical drives functionality or reboot which again has odds against me.

Anyway, I'm noticing iTunes 9.0.2 (25) seems to have some disparities with its Snow Leopard counterpart. The store does not fully maximize in this version. I'm not entirely sure if it's 32bit or 64bit but that's immaterial. I'm just baffled at the nuanced differences.

Is there an explanation behind this?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, never heard this before. I've not had any graphics related problems with SL

3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

FWIW, I've asked for help on this issue on a number of occasions and no one helped; either because they haven't heard of the problem so they couldn't or there simply isn't a solution to be found.

I'm also running SL on my MBP 2007 and it's running fine. It's just my desktop that has a lot of problems with it.