Leopard and Webcams

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pknz, Nov 5, 2007.

1. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I'm looking to get a webcam for my mac pro, I currently use a iMage webcam but the wire is breaking and the quality was never great (15fps etc).

I've been looking at the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 or Ultra Vision but read that users in 10.4.X were having issues with the microphone not being recognised, does this problem persist in Leopard?

Sadly Logitech doesn't make software for the Mac OS for their webcams and so features such as autofocus and zoom aren't available is there any 3rd party products that can utilise these features?

Aside from that, if anyone can recommend a good quality webcam (besides the iSight) with a microphone built in that would be greatly appreciated.

2. ojwk macrumors regular

ojwk

I'm in the same boat as you :(

Resorted to looking on eBay for overpriced iSight cameras that seem to be in extremely short supply and high demand given some of those bids I've seen.

If anyone's got a spare iSight firewire camera because perhaps they got a MacBook/Pro or iMac it might not be a bad way to make a few bob..

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

any firewire cam will work but i think also now any usb 'video class' cam will work (though they dont tend to put that on the box) i hear the xbox 360 cam is good on osx