Leopard Announcement - Will iMacs with Tiger Get discount?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tragedies, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

I'm really wanting to get my iMac soon (I can get it now If I want too) but since this is my first Mac ever I want it to come with the latest OS. Now if lets say Apple announced Leopard was to come 26-31st or whatever date on Monday or Tuesday, if I bought an iMac AFTER the release date is announced, will I get a discount when its finally released? I can't wait :(

(I'm in Australia BTW)

Thanks.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes, but only after the release date is announced :)

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Should do. You will probably only have to pay for shipping.

4. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

To the poster above, if they announce for example the date is the 26th, will Leopard be in Australia the exact same day?

If so, can I immediately buy an iMac after the announcement and then when Leopard is released here in Australia get a discount.

I want to be absolutely sure as I want to get my iMac as soon as possible, however I also want it to have Leopard (but not pay an extra 200 dollars for it).

Thanks for the help =)

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

As with Tiger, the release will probably be worldwide. Leopard will almost certainly be released on the same day in the US and Australia. In fact, Tiger was released here earlier than the US by a matter of quite a few hours.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It should be pretty well worldwide on the announcement date. You should check with Apple first, either by going to a store or calling them, to make sure the Up-To-Date program is in effect. This is what they did for Tiger. For the cost of shipping and handling ($20), Apple sent everyone who purchased a machine after the announcement (and requested an OS upgrade) a copy of Tiger.

Of course MacRumors will probably be one of the first to know if Apple will be doing it this time so check here as well after the announcement (assuming the forums aren't too busy :D).

7. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, but to get an extra copy can I head down to an ApplesStor (that proborly would be hard :S) or should I simply order online (I'm guessing you have to put in a product code or something? Not so smart in this subject)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Why not just wait a couple of days after announcement to be sure you get Leopard. I'm pretty sure you'll be struggling to get an upgrade like that from a reseller.

9. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Wellto be honest the earliest I can get it is on the 20th, so if they were to announce Leopard on Monday (they really should =/) then that would be enough time, and I'm planning to buy my iMac from the Apple Store in Melbourne City ('tis huge) and order Leopard from the Apple Australia Online store.

Would that work?

(sorry bout all the questions)

10. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I'm sure Apple is working in overdrive this weekend to get a final GM build pushed out. I suspect we'll see an announcement on Monday.

11. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Great :D So I'm almost certainly getting it this Saturday (if all goes to plan *crosses fingers*)