Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RalfJodl

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2007
near Munich
Leopard buyed at Apple Retailer Gravis in Munich

headed to Munich tonight to pickup my copy of Leopard. :)

The Gravis guys waited until 6pm, the shop was quite busy before but at 6 some 200 people queued up in line to wait to receive the cat:

1764248218_3707978be7.jpg

1764247076_4a86a8495b.jpg

1764244494_2dc15f217a.jpg

1763394725_22ddbb2db2.jpg

1764239492_45fd2b0ae1.jpg

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere

The Gravis guys waited until 6pm, the shop was quite busy before but at 6 some 200 people queued up in line to wait to receive the cat:

Similar scences around 6pm at Gravis in Hamburg. I think a lot of people took advantage of the pre-order to get Parallels cheap. Sadly I didn't get around to it in time and lost out.

Once I saw the queue though I wandered up the street to Saturn (which now has an Apple Store in it), picked up a copy and went to the desk and paid. No queues (other than 3 people ahead of you in the queue) but lots of people picking up a copy.

No special bits though, other than someone demoing Leopard. Was surprised to see that they hadn't loaded Leopard onto all the demo machines they had.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.

I was in that queue and Im sure there was well over 200 :) Boy was it badly organized!

We turned up about 5:30 and milled around will a about 150 people all looking a bit lost. There was no info about how the sales were going to be dealt with so I asked one of the many staff members hanging around. Just a shrug of the shoulders and "dont know".

6pm arrived and still no info, but a lot of people queued at the cash desks so we joined them. at least 250 people in front of us, and the queue was more a crowd. I spotted a staff member with a big cardboard box who came to the back of the front part of the shop and he put about 100 OS X boxes on a shelf. I managed to get one, they were all gone in 60 seconds. I heard him say to someone else, thats all unless you pre-ordered, but there area another 300 behind the cash desks. We rejoined the queue and waited to pay, a lot of people having no boxes still. about 45 minutes later I got to pay, and there must have been still 150 behind me.

Total chaos.

I am now awaiting delivery of Leopard server, which I got via a staff discount scheme at my wifes work with a 17% reduction :) That should be with me by the 31st.

adskin80

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Nottingham, UK
I'm really hoping mine will turn up tomorrow via TNT. On apple delivery is estimated 29-30th but I'm confident it'll turn up tomorrow.

I've only had my Macbook since 7th Oct (and my first Mac), I must say it is absolutely great. I thought I'd missed out on Leopard when saw the Up-To-Date deal on apple.com but couldn't find it on the UK site. I was happy when I found it! :)

Let's hope that Leopard is as good as he video tour shows. I'm enjoying using Tiger but don't want to be disappointed.

Anyway fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow. :D

EirPod

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2005
Dublin
No show Leopard

I ordered Leopard Oct 16th, fell for the Pre Order tag....

ITs Sat 27th and it has not arrived yet and according the UPS tracking number it wont till the 30th. Most Apple software is prepared, made up or cut in Cork, Ireland and has to be exported for tax reasons. So the Apple green footprint stretches from Cork, to UK and back across the Irish Sea to Dublin.

Naively I thought logistics would have pre planned to have the loyal pre-order mugs, in on time. As it stands my Leopard is on quarantine in Numeaton, UK.

It wont stop me from sticking with Apple but I'll have to think who i give my retail profit to in future.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.