Leopard at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DingerSox, Oct 18, 2007.

1. DingerSox macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if best buy will be selling leopard the day it comes out at there stores?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I don't think Leopard will be available on the day of its launch in Best buys

3. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

They're an Apple reseller, probably the largest, why wouldn't they have it on launch day?

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

They usually don't get Apple products on launch day. Not sure why.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What kind of products?

I've bought games there on launch.

7. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

I know BestBuy in Manchester, NH did NOT have iWork '08 and iLife '08 on launch day or even the following weekend. Given this is the largest city in the state, not even a 10 minute drive from the local airport, 20-25 minutes from the Apple Store in Salem NH, and 45 minutes from Boston, you would think it would be easy to get a shipment in...but apparently not.

I definitely would NOT count on Leopard being at BestBuy for at least a week.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Sorry about that -- Apple products.

9. Caslon macrumors newbie

Best Buy will carry Leopard

I spoke with several of my Best Buy connections and they have all stated that they will be selling Leopard the day it's released at 6:00 Pm. Also Apples own website states that Apple stores and authorized resellers will be selling it at 6:00 Pm the day it's released.

10. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

This launch (given its 6pm time) has been compared to the iPhone launch, and obviously Apple coordinated with AT&T to get them stock (though not much) of iPhones in time for the launch at Apple stores. So despite past history, I'd think they'd be providing at least some copies to Best Buy, particularly the stores with Apple displays. That being said, I've been to 3 or 4 Best Buys with the little "Apple Stores" in them, and each only had a handful of copies of Tiger and other software titles. So I'm wondering more how many copies of Leopard they'd have than if they'll have them at all...and how long after they sell out it'll take for them to get more.

Edit: Of course I've pre-ordered Leopard, so my wondering is just curiosity :)

11. decadentdave macrumors 6502

It's pretty funny seeing Worst Buy get on the Apple bandwagon after all these years.

12. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

wow...what best buys are you talking about?

I called my local best buy and they told me they dont deal w/ apple products.

So I then called best buy online cust. service and the lady on the phone said she doesnt know if they'd be selling it but most likely not.

13. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I doubt it.

Apple will send them some for launch day but won't ship them to their stores until the next shipment goes out from their distribution centres. That is why it takes so long. Apple (or anybody else for that matter) doesn't ship things to the stores directly.

TS

14. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i work at a best buy

in canada

and our computer shows novemeber 2nd

15. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Some (many?) but certainly not all Best Buys now have a mini Apple Store section in them, with a display of computers and software. All of the ones near me I go to have them now.

16. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

I just looked, it's not listed on bustbuy.com either :(

17. MrMoore macrumors 6502

Actually it is BACK on the bandwagon. Years ago Best Buy sold G4 iMacs [the iLamp] ;) And they had a small Mac software section. I bought Quicken :eek:

18. robPOD macrumors 6502

19. samuraikiss macrumors regular

I work at a Best Buy in DC, and our computer systems show about the same date. There's no way we'll have it on 26 October.
    Only some Best Buy stores sell Macs anyway...

20. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

21. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Apparently around 1/4 of them, which is not bad. According to Wikipedia, there were 872 Best Buys in the US as of 9/23/07, and Apple said in their quarterly earnings conference call that 230 Best Buys had Apple shops in them.

22. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

The best buy in Kingston, Ontario didn't have leopard.

23. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

There's a new Best Buy in Boston's Back Bay, That has a dedicated "Apple Store" on the Third Floor. With the Actual Black Wall, White Apple Logo Glowing, MacBook/Comcast Free WiFi Setup etc....

I wonder if they received them tonight... I'll be over there on Sunday too see if they have any copies, which means they would of got those in on Friday.