leopard background anger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ///alpinepower, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ///alpinepower macrumors member

they've taken away the ability to choose a background color when there is no background picture...

how can i restore this feature/choice?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you sure about that? in desktop & screen saver, i can select "solid colors" and choose a color of my choice to be my background.

3. ///alpinepower thread starter macrumors member

that is not your ability to choose a background color. that is your ability to select one color from a predetermined palette of background color. :rolleyes:

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

Why not just open your favorite image editor, (seashore is a good free one for this) create an image any size you want, fill it with the color you want, and then set it as your background, just choose "scale to fit" though

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you're right. my apologies. when a picture is smaller than your desktop, you can choose the color of your choice to border that picture. i only assumed you could make the entire solid color be the background as a default option.

there is a way to get what you want, though. take a small sample of the color from some source using control-shift-4, and put that snapshot in your pictures folder. select that image to be your background, having it either stretched or tiled.