Leopard Backups

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Washac, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi All

Since the advent of Leopard how are people backing up.

I like the look of the new Time Machine system but this is'nt a bootable backup, is it ?

I was going to do Time Machine backups to one HD, and also do a SuperDuper backup
    which would be bootable, just incase ?

Opinions on this people............

2. Fezzy macrumors newbie

SuperDuper isn't available yet for Leopard although ShirtPocket promise a free update soon.

When its updated I'm intending to do the same. I'll be doing automatic backups with Time Machine and every Friday I will do a bootable backup with SuperDuper.

3. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Hmmm, SuperDuper is working here on Leopard SD Version 2.1.4 (v82) doing a backup as I type this...

4. Fezzy macrumors newbie

Okay. The SuperDuper site and various posts in the SuperDuper forums are saying that it is not yet fully compatible.

It may appear to be working okay but I'm a bit wary of using it for backups until they provide an update that they say is fully compatible.

5. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Now I see, best I stop the Backup :(

Many many thanks for that :)

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

If you need to, you can boot from your install disk and then restore from Time Machine. I like SuperDuper, and use it regularly, but advantages of Time Machine far outweigh not being able to boot from it.