Leopard battery and mail strange problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by isianto, Dec 7, 2007.

1. isianto macrumors regular

Dear all, I just upgraded to leopard. It's a great OS, I love it. Prior to the upgrade, I exchange the battery. The problem that I have is Leopard doesn't report max battery consistently, what I mean is that one day the max charge battery is 5390 and next morning the charge battery is 5400 and the other day is 5270. I did a battery calibration already (2 times already) with the same problem. I also have installed the istat battery, and coconut battery, same effect also.
    here's my battery spec:
    Battery Information:

Model Information:
    Manufacturer: Sony
    Device name: ASMB012
    Pack Lot Code: 0003
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 102a
    Hardware Revision: 0500
    Cell Revision: 0303
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 5214
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 5491
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 17
    Battery health: Good
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): -1354
    Voltage (mV): 12163

about the mail, I set up a couple of accounts, one of them is gmail. The strange problem is, I can't send the email that I reply to (the send button is not active). Have you guys met that problem? if so, is there work around? I hate to fall back to tiger again. Thanks

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, on the battery question, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Leopard. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure all those battery statistics come directly from the battery's internal processor, not the OS. And, if I'm right, it's the battery being inconsistent, not Leopard.

I wouldn't worry about it either way--that's a small difference, it's a brand new battery, and that number fluctuates anyway, since it's just what the battery thinks it was at the last time it was fully charged. If it were jumping between 4000 and 5000 it'd be one thing, but you're talking about a few percent of capacity, which is really only an estimate anyway--those numbers are not that accurate.

Mail, I have no idea. I assume you've installed 10.5.1, so I can't think of anything obvious. If you save, close, then re-open the message, does the send button become active? Also, just to check, the message does have a "from" and "to" selected, right? Can you select send from the menus?