Leopard Bluetooth problems - anyone else??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacDanny75, Feb 11, 2008.

1. MacDanny75 macrumors newbie

Hi - just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with connecting bluetooth Apple Keyboard and mouse in Leopard.

On my 15" MacBook Pro running Leopard, the keyboard and mouse drop-out after a while and do not pair again. I need to set-up the device again to get them to work.

Conversely, they both work perfectly on my 12" PowerBook running Tiger, even when re-starting; waking from sleep; turning the devices on/off they always pair automatically with the Tiger Mac.

From what I can tell, they both have the same BT firmware from update 1.5 and I haven't done anything different when setting up on both macs. And, they are not linked to two at the same time; and I paired the MacBook first and tried the PowerBook only when it wasn't working properly.

Is this a known Leopard bug? Any fixes?

Thanks in advance.

2. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

I just updated to 10.5.2 and lost bluetooth completely.
    I have a logitech V470 bluetooth mouse. The Logitech Control Panel software (2.4) is no longer working. :mad:

3. MacDanny75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping the 10.5.2 update would fix my woes!

4. sm8770 macrumors newbie

anyone with any updates on this issue?
    my new Radtech bt500 does not work with my macbook air.

thanks for any help

5. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

My bluetooth is hardly ever on anymore, but half the time it's not even available... It's squiggled out.

6. MacDanny75 thread starter macrumors newbie

My original problem was sorted when I ran the latest OSX software update. All my wireless devices now get along fine.

7. squaros macrumors member

squaros

my keyboard and mouse will pair automatically, but the connection is lost so frequently it's hardly worth using. On average I'll get about ten minutes of use before one or the other disconnects.

8. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I've been using a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse with my 17" MBP at work, another one at home and my 24" iMac at home since day one.

Upgraded to Leopard months ago on all three machines, and never had one single problem.

Not one.

Cheers.