Leopard Boot Camp Install Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mattpeyton, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mattpeyton macrumors newbie

I'm setting up a new drive to run Leopard/Boot Camp. Leopard went in fine - and then I followed the on screen instructions in Boot Camp Utility. XP install SP2 went through it's usual routines, copying stuff to my new XP partition. The box restarted automatically and won't boot off the new partition to continue the install. I keep getting a message 'disk error, please hit any key to continue'. Any ideas?

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

While Boot Camp formats the partition, you MUST re-format it from the Windows install (as per the printable instructions) otherwise the partition will not be bootable.

Run the XP install again and this time format as NTFS (quick). You should then be fine =]

3. enklined macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem as the OP, and a google search reveils others are too...

It doesn't give you an option to format the BootCamp partition - it just does a quick analyze, then goes straight to copying files.

It worked fine with Tiger/BootCamp 1.4 - i dont kow what the hell they did, but its not right anymore.