Leopard Bottom Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Oct 23, 2007.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

As we all just noticed that new minimal, sleek dock when on the side i was curious if same look was possible for the bottom. I really don't like the bottom clunky 3d dock.

Someone in the comments section at tuaw (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/23/apple-adjusts-side-positioned-dock-in-leopard) posted this:

"13. defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES

Should change the dock to the new look."

can somebody (with latest gm-build) confirm?

2. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I can't confirm this, as I don't have GM (I'm waiting for an actual legal copy), but I'm curious as to if a similar (probably well-hidden) command exists for the menu bar. I actually like Leopard's menu bar and dock, but it would still be a nice feature to have.

3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

you know i'm kinda noticing a lot of people saying that. It's wierd apple made all these changes to the desktop to make it less destracting and have you focus on the open windows. Having a transparent menubar, stacks to avoid files on the desktop. and they contradict that with this 3-d refelcting dock. It doesn't add up. but i agree with you.

4. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

This is the easiest way...

Use 2D Dock on the Bottom without Terminal!

Posted this in many other threads, but I might as well do so here.

I keep these two automator actions in my dock with quick 2D/3D dock swapping. Basically they run the same Terminal scripts, but are more quick and convenient. (Pic and download below)

[​IMG]

Attached Files: