Leopard bringing me to tears

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iHadaStiff1, May 31, 2008.

1. iHadaStiff1 macrumors newbie

OK, so I have a black MacBook Core2Duo with 1GB of ram and Leopard is absolutely AWFUL! I downgraded from Tiger because flakyvault ultimately sucks as well.

Let me explain why

1 - Firefox hangs, and then crashes - randomly.
    2 - iMovie 6HD and 8 Hangs, and then crashes - randomly.
    3 - How dare they make us pay for iLife when it sucks so bad, and it was included with Tiger.
    4 - It just hangs, randomly, when doing the lightest of things, spotlight wasn't even noticeable on Tiger, now with Leopard it soaks up all of my MacBooks resources.
    5 - Apple should be giving leopard AKA the migraine inducer away, it isn't worth a dime.
    6 - WHY is it taking so long for them to fix this!
    I did a clean install, and I've repaired disk permissions, did ALL of the updates.
    So when is Apple going to fix this disgrace for an OS, next year?

Besides that, does anyone have anything else I could try?

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Everyone on this site either has an issue with their Mac, or they talk about how bad it is............

Why can't we leave our non-tech minds to ourselves?

3. iHadaStiff1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why can't you leave your snotty remarks to yourself. This is one of the things a forum is for, looking for help/venting.

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Did you do a clean install of Leopard or an upgrade? Regardless, I have none of the issues that you describe. Perhaps an erase and install is in order?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that you said you had done a clean install. Have you checked the hardware?

5. MacHipster macrumors 6502

That or just call Apple.

6. LightDemon69 macrumors member

For #3, iLife WASN'T included in Tiger. It is included with all new Macs. So if you bought a computer running Panther you would get the current version of iLife, then when Tiger came out you had to buy the new version of iLife if you wanted it. The same thing applies here: If you bought a computer with Tiger, you got the then current version of iLife, now when you upgrade to Leopard, if you want the new version of iLife, you have to buy it. For the rest, I've never seen any of those problems, so I'll agree with a Genius Bar appointment.

7. bstreiff macrumors regular

I don't experience any of those problems; it's possible you've got some sort of hardware issue-- I've seen bad RAM cause all sorts of strange random crashes... on a Windows machine I was repairing once, a bad RAM stick caused corruption, which then got written out into the registry. Ouch.

I suggest grabbing memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/), burn the ISO to a CD-RW, boot off of it, and let it test for a while.

8. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

But this is not a forum for you to complain about your Mac. Instead of saying Leopard is "AWFUL!", you could of said something like, "I'm having trouble with Leopard. Applications that I run always seem to crash." Then list what goes wrong and maybe you would get some more responses.

Maybe you should learn some respect and manners young man!

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

What is wrong with sprinkling on some newbie tenderizer ...

[​IMG]

10. GoGoPoCoSo macrumors newbie

11. comptr macrumors 65816

I don't get why people just don't go to their near apple store and go the genius bar. I am sure most of those problems can be fixed in one trip. Try going to a apple store and see what they can do then if they can't do anything then come vent on here. Plus you only have 1 gig of ram you need to max out your ram on your mac.

12. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Some people (like me) may live five hours away from an Apple Store. I wish one would go to WV!!

It sucks here. No Apple Stores, no Chuckee Cheese's, and and NO WALGREENS! :p