Leopard Bugs / Annoyances

Discussion in 'macOS' started by R.Youden, Nov 5, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Well i finally got Leopard today, came through my student ADC membership. Anyway I have found a few minor bugs that I have seen no mention to anywhere else and I was wondering how common they where.

The first one I noticed was the main finder window, I have attached the screen shot below, it shows all the finder root directories rather than the standard folders, has anyone else seen this?

And secondly there is no artwork when viewing FrontRow from a shared directory, that is especially annoying as I have spent ages setting up artwork on my Mac and now I can't view it on my TV through my mini.

Anyway here is the Finder shot:

Attached Files:

2. calvin2006 macrumors regular

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

i don't see all the root folders under Leopard..interesting.:apple:

4. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I also have the problem that when I resize a Finder window the icons don't automatically follow to ensure you don't have large swathes of blank Finder window.

5. TheZA macrumors regular

Here are my noted problems/bugs in order of severity, if anybody has suggested fixes, I would appreciate it very much. Note that I have installed and reinstalled a total of four times, and am now working from a clean install.

1. Can't repair permissions - looks like it's working, and after a long time it sometimes says it is done, but I don't think it did anything. Doesn't work in Terminal or in Disk Utility.

2. Time Machine won't recognize my external hard drive (yes, I've reformatted, rebooted, reconnected, etc.). It is a Lacie SAFE and I think it has to do with the SAFE firmware/software and/or the fact that you cannot disable the fingerprint authentication thing.

3. My text to speech doesn't work. I can't change the voices in preferences or test them in system preferences, can't have stickies read, etc. I can get voice using the 'say' command in Terminal, and it is the Alex voice.

6. espoir macrumors member

According to apple support forums lots and lots of people experience these two problems:

1) slow permissions repairs with messages "SUID file has been modified and will not be repaired"

2) losing fonts after upgrading - not visible through "Fonts" app, not visible by design aps - they remain in Fonts, User/Library/Fonts folders but not acessible

7. milkman76 macrumors newbie

Front Row Issue

This is likely an obscure problem that won't affect many people, but I consider it a bug:
    I use a Intel Core Duo Mac Mini for my living room entertainment computer. I have a problem with the new version of Leopard's Front Row. During the transitions between menus, the screen fades to black before the next menu appears. This kills the video signal to my HDTV (connected via DVI to HDMI cable). During the brief moment that the screen is blank in Front Row, my HDTV thinks that lack of signal means it's time to go to sleep.

I "downgraded" Front Row to the previous version (thankfully I had a backup), and it works just fine as always. So If anyone is wondering if you can downgrade Front Row, you can -- and I haven't noticed any problems as a result.

8. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

When I un-zip a file it un-zips on top of the .zip file. Extremely annoying.

snverhallen

Attached Files:

• asdf.jpg
      asdf.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views: