Leopard Cheap at Microcenter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chafka, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Chafka macrumors member

Looks like Microcenter is selling Leopard for $40 dollars off. Just thought I would let people know.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

3. Chafka thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, sorry about the link...thought about that just before I saw your post...slightly new at this stuff. FWIW, I have dealt with Microcenter and rebates before and they seemed pretty good (read: never had a problem getting my rebate).

4. sahnert macrumors 6502

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I have bought from the numerous times in store and via the web. No problems here. And one of the items had a rebate as well. I wouldn't think twice about ordering from them.:)

6. Chafka thread starter macrumors member

I guess after reading the reviews I should clarify that I only go into their store and I have had no problems in their store. Heck, I bought my mini 1.5 ghz there - they got me started here! Yeah there were a bunch of rebates with that too - free printer, monitor, keyboard, money off - and I got all of the rebates I put in for (I screwed my self over on a couple, but that is a personal problem)

7. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    While only ordered once from microcenter.com online for an in-store pickup. I will have to say MicroCenter is the best computer shop comparing to like bestbuy, circuit city, and sometimes the Apple Store in the Plaza (KC, MO) in terms of pricing, customer service, and wait times. They were able to match the student discount price from Apple for me on an iPod item (back when iPods had student discounts) and their customer service is just more than excellent! I would trust them, also when it comes to rebates too, they have dealt with some of my rebate problems in the past.
    :apple:

8. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

I was in microcenter the day after Leopard's launch and saw the discount advertised instore. Coulda gotten the discount, but had already got my family pack and free t-shirt from the Apple store the night before.

Oh well, guess it's a $40 t-shirt.

9. sxl95 macrumors member

I stopped into the Mayfield Height's Ohio Micro Center last night to return something, and noticed the Leopard rebate. I was planning on ordering from Amazon, but ended up getting it there. Even with our county's high (7.75%) sales tax (at least for the US), I should be saving around $10 after rebate vs. Amazon, plus, I was able to install it on my old iPod last night. (I want to check it out before replacing Tiger).

I bought my iBook (G3) and old (3G) iPod there, along with many items over the years. My brother used to order from them (MEI/Micro Center) via Mail-Order years ago. The sales reps at the store get commission, which could be good or bad, but generally I appreciate the service they offer, and they generally aren't pushy with me.

Plus, they have a great return policy, and often have good deals on products returned by others!

I am a little confused about the rebate though, because the cashier printed out on receipt paper what appeared to be a filled out form, even though the sales rep gave me a paper form. Also, it looks like you just need to photocopy the UPC label, and not cut it out! :)

-Sam