leopard clean-install questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by teeth, Nov 11, 2007.

1. teeth macrumors newbie

i finally got my copy of leopard and i want to do a clean-install, but i'm not sure about a few things.
    1. if i have my music folder backed up on my eternal HD when i drag it back into my music folder (and replace the empty one) after leopard is installed will it keep all my settings/play counts ect.?
    2. i have some software that i installed off of borrowed discs. my idea was to locate all the associated files (using app zapper), back them up and then put them back in their proper folders. will this work?

i would really appreciate any help with either of this questions. thanks

2. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

If you do an archive & install it will keep all your music files and any applications you have installed. They'll all remain in iTunes and everything will be fine. It saves them without you having to back everything up. But if I were you I would drag-n-drop your iTunes folder onto your external drive just to be safe. I have done that in post. Usually I just drag the entire backed up "Music" folder into iTunes and it loads everything in safe and sound. But if you do an Archive & Install (Selecting perserve network and user settings) it saves everything for you.

3. teeth thread starter macrumors newbie

4. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

Let me know how it goes. Good luck. I did my first ever Archive and Install (Never trusted it until 10.5's installer) and it was wonderfully easy and everything was where I left it.