Leopard compatibility with Microsoft Office X?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gnownayr, Nov 12, 2007.

1. gnownayr macrumors regular

i've read that it works with office 2004, but is anyone using it with office x? (the first version of microsoft office for mac os x)

2. habu281 macrumors newbie

I'm word and excel from office 2004 on Leopard without any noticable issues so far. What is the difference between office X and office 2004 ?

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

2004 is an updated and latest version.

4. Integer macrumors newbie

I've used Word X without problems - although it's not particularly intensive usage, mostly just editing simple documents.

Similarly, I fired up Excel once or twice without issues, but again nothing particularly demanding.

Entourage worked OK for as long as it took for me to transfer my mail to Mail.app :).

Powerpoint I haven't used since I upgraded to Leopard.

5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Has anyone, since upgrading, had any problems with Leopard and Microsoft Office X ?

6. amusedpen macrumors newbie

Just started having a problem

I just started having a little problem. Documents open if I click on them, but when I try to open the app, it crashes. I'll have to reload Office to see if that goes away. Going to a Unix system seems like a good thing, but you have those stupid kernel mess-ups that I remember from work when they made me use a Windows machine.