Leopard compatibility with older software?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Christie6, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Christie6 macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

I've been searching around for answers but I'm not finding anything conclusive. Does anyone know whether or not ALL existing OSX software will run on Leopard with no problems?

I'm speaking mainly about CS2 in its entirety, and Office 2004, but also about third party software. I am very interested in Leopard but need to know for sure that it's not going to end up costing me far more than $109.

If it's not compatible with some existing software, do you know specifically what the problems will be?

Thank-you!

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Do not quote me on this ... but, I have heard that in its <b>current form</b> CS3 doesn't work. However, since nobody has used the GM seed yet its hard to say. Maybe Adobe will have it fixed by then.

If you are worried about compatibility ... I suggest waiting a few days after official release to see how things go.

3. Christie6 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. glennsan macrumors regular

What Apps will not work with Leopard?

I have only 2 that I am wondering about, Quicken 2005 and Contribute 3? I am willing to upgrade both if required before I install Leopard but would rather keep the versions I have unless absolutely needed. Thanks.

Glennsan

5. Crisp macrumors newbie

Contribute 3 and Leopard

I can get Contribute 3 to work on my Intel Macbook Pro without any problem, but on my 1.5 ghz. PowerPC Powerbook it crashes and refuses to start. Any suggestions would be most welcome!