Leopard credit toward new imac purchase? Resell?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mnijaw, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mnijaw macrumors newbie

I purchased Leopard for my 1.42 GHz Power PC G-4 512 MB Mac Mini at Best Buy. It installed fine, but I am really noticing the drain on my computer. Everything is running a bit slower and the otherwise cool features of Leopard are actually burdensome because of how slowly they run.

All of this has left me making the sobering decision to just go out and buy a new Leopard equipped imac instead of thinking my 2 1/2 year old mac mini is gonna be able to keep up with the times.

The question is...what is the best possible way to get some money back for my now useless purchase of Leopard. Will an Apple Store give me any credit toward the purchase of the new imac by giving them the Leopard with receipt I just bought 2 days ago from Best Buy? (I know it's a long shot)

Can I re-sell Leopard to someone else (like on "craig's list" or ebay).

I'm basically just wanting to recoup some of the $129 I just spent.

I would thoroughly appreciate any ideas. Thank you!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Re-sell it on eBay or whatever. I'm sure plenty of folks will be eager to get Leopard at even a small discount...

3. mnijaw thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know how apple licensing works...does it matter that I have already installed it on a computer? Will the new buyer be able to install it and use it like he is the licensed owner?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

At a technology level there is no issue. At a legal level you need to uninstall it from the machine you've installed it on before selling.

5. mnijaw thread starter macrumors newbie

Gotcha. Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I appreciate your help.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Your machine would run it better, if it had more memory. 512 MB just isn't enough.

And if you buy a new iMac, I would even recommend more than the standard 1 GB of memory, for optimal performance.