Leopard & CS3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Oct 19, 2007.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

i assume that the latest developer release is pretty final (i can't imagine that the internal gm-version would be so dramatically different?).

did anybody yet install adobe cs3 suite on this latest build and how is the performance? does it work, crashes, etc.?

it would be a shame to not be able to upgrade to leopard next week as i need a fully working/ stable cs3 on leopard.

let me know,
    thanks

2. Danny Futuro macrumors member

ditto. I would really like to know too. Scouring google for an hour yielded no recent results.

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

It was running fine for me on the 9a466 build. I would imagine it would work fine in the GM. Expect an update from Adobe in the weeks following though.

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

hmm. waiting weeks until adobe gets off their asses to write a press-release isn't a solution ;)

it would be great if someone who's upgrading to leopard anyway could test cs3 on it and report if it's all good and stable.

5. rmh macrumors regular

Once I upgrade I'll install Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver and let everyone know how it goes.

6. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Considering more than 90% of the worlds graphics industry use Mac's, I will be very surprised if there are any problems with CS3 in Leopard ... :)

8. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Well I told you it was running fine in the beta builds. As you know, the final release isn't here yet. I couldn't possibly tell you how it runs in that as I have not used. However, I can be pretty certain that if it ran fine in the beta it will be fine in the GM.

Thus, you wouldn't have to wait for Adobe to do anything. My point was Adobe would probably release and update to CS3 within a few weeks of Leopard in the event that there are any bugs. Naturally you wouldn't have to wait for it, as I have told it runs fine.

9. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess the reason why i'm concerned is that there was an article on tuaw recently and one in the comments said it was totally buggy and crashing all the time.

but who knows, might be on a previous beta build of leopard.

10. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

CS3 works, and it has for some time.

Adobe gave us slack in the press because a) we don't bow to them anymore and b) they are terrified of the direction of Aperture. Adobe is still in shock of how their video software business was gutted.

So they said they couldn't be sure. But it works. And yes, and update should follow soon enough, but because CS3 still has some nasty bugs. (And why they didn't optimize for Leopard's technologies is beyond me.)

11. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I have been using Photoshop CS3 since it's launch and (thankfully) haven't come across any bugs .... Can you tell me what they are .. :confused:

Thanks
    FJ

12. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

I think its because they are also making it for windows - if they were just developing for mac it would be much better optimised.

13. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Cs3 better work!!

Such a pain if it didn't.
    Also! What about Aperture? I use Aperture and CS3 together and if both of them won't work then I had better stick with Tiger :(

14. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Considering just how much money Adobe gouged out of Mac users for CS3 (especially in europe - 70% more for exactly the same software is not funny) they better be ready to provide decent support. Windows users have a choice about not buying CS3, but Adobe have Mac users very much over a barrel.

With CS3, Adobe records record profits. They need to, because users will remember how they have been treated and will not buy CS4 - not unless Adobe provide top line support of CS3 AND put some (at this point unimaginable) killer features into the CS4 software.

15. brgnewman macrumors member

Has anyone tried to install CS3 Master Collection onto their mac with Leopard running?

I know when I went to put CS3 Master Collection on my Macbook (Running Tiger) for class, I had the Safari 3.0 Beta running and the installer was having issues when it asked me to switch disks (blank dialog box - http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402337&sliceId=2 ).

And with Safari 3.0 coming standard in Leopard, do you think that will be an issue?

16. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

can somebody with leopard installed confirm if these work:

- entire adobe cs3 suite (all apps)

- entire final cut studio 2 suite (all apps)

- after effects cs3

really apperciate

17. spookje macrumors member

Yes, most CS3 application are working under Leopard. Only After Effects CS3 has some issues under Leopard because it hit some bugs in Leopard which Apple were reluctant to fix. I think their are some hotfixes available internally here, though. Mainly GUI glitches and it breaking some things Ultra support I think.

18. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

photoshop and illustrator CS3 are both working fine here.