Leopard Delay

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wanderlust4ever, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. wanderlust4ever macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    #1
    Okay now that Leopard has been delayed till October. Will there be a delay in the new iMac's also. I have been reading millions of post of should i buy now or should i wait for Leopard ? Now we are months down the line and no wiser. I am in the market for a 24in, and the question is once again. Should i buy now, or will there be a delay in the new imac's also.
     
  2. suneohair macrumors 68020

    suneohair

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2006
    #2
    Something with no set date or timeframe (new iMac) can't possibly be delayed.

    If you need it now, buy now. New computers can be released independant of Leopard. If you want to wait, wait until WWDC just to be sure.
     
  3. Vidd macrumors 6502a

    Vidd

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #3
    Santa Rosa is coming around May and Penryn is apparently late 2007 (around the time of Leopard), from what I've read.
    You may as well buy now. Santa Rosa is only a slight increase in processing speed and we have no idea when Apple are going to refresh the iMacs.
     
  4. Phtosynthesis macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2007
    #4
    I was going to wait for the new iMacs and Leopard to be released, but it looks like new iMacs will come first, so in that case i'll have to buy right away and pay the extra to upgrade to leopard, i can't wait almost a year to get a new computer.
     
  5. Vidd macrumors 6502a

    Vidd

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #5
    I can because there's no great problem in keeping this one for now.
    Which leaves me with the confusing problem of whether to play the waiting game even longer or not. :/
     
  6. mania macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    colorado
    #6
    why would they delay hardware for the os?

    always wait as long as you can - i am writing this on a powerbook g4 1.25ghz and even when running photoshop etc this thing is a champ. if you are losing money cause your computer is too slow then by all means upgrade and dont hesitate. if you dont use your mac to make money then you never really need one now do you?
     
  7. JBat macrumors regular

    JBat

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Location:
    Washington
    #7
    And WWDC is when, please?
     
  8. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    #8
    I am faced with the Same problem with the Mac mini. I have been waiting for an upgrade but also 10.5 so I think I will wait till after NAB (only like 3 days) and then I might buy. I might wait till After WWDC it all depends on $$$ and what I think apple will do after seeing what steve says at NAB.

    WWDC is in June
     
  9. iBunny macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2004
    #9
    Just wait. We all know updates are imminent.

    I dont understand the impaitents of people. Dont wait forever, but you know updates are comming very very soon... so why not wait the few weeks. Its not like updates just came, and you will be waiting 6+ months...
     
  10. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    #10
    I agree. If you can wait wait if not then dont. it is that easy. If you need a mac then go ahead and buy and dont complain.... if you dont need a mac just yet then wait out the storm....I WANT a new mac but I am waiting for new Mac Minis/iMacs as well..... but my iBook dose everything just fine for now so I can wait.
     
  11. roland.g macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #11
    Penryn won't likely going into any Macs till Jan 2008. Doubtful we'll see it in the fall. Santa Rosa won't be a big deal till then. WWDC is 9 1/2 weeks away. Likely the iMacs and Minis will be updated then or late May at the earliest, with MBs and MBPs in late June or more likely July.

    My advice, get a new Mac today or very soon, enjoy it, don't upgrade the OS in Oct, sell it in January and get a Santa Rosa Mac with Penryn and Leopard.
     

Share This Page