Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

totolad

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
I have just become the proud owner of Leopard. See picture. Am I the first UK owner, P.S. whats with the software update already? Delivered a day early! Its good that delivery companies make mistakes!

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 431

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Why does your 'about this mac' read build 9A581....

Retail discs dont say that they show '10.5'

I smell a rat!!!!!
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this over the next few days.

ALL builds of OS X ever show build version, OS version and system serial number in About this Mac. You just click on the text and it cycles through each bit of information.

Your smelling is way off :rolleyes:

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
How was it delivered? Was it a courier company or normal British Mail? Did you have to sign?

I only ask because I've got mine ordered from Apple but I will be out all day tomorrow. I hope they just bung it through the letter box.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, though -- as of ten minutes go my order status said "prepared for delivery" or something like that. If they don't get it in the post soon I'll have no chance of getting it tomorrow.

Steve.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
How was it delivered? Was it a courier company or normal British Mail? Did you have to sign?

I only ask because I've got mine ordered from Apple but I will be out all day tomorrow. I hope they just bung it through the letter box.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, though -- as of ten minutes go my order status said "prepared for delivery" or something like that. If they don't get it in the post soon I'll have no chance of getting it tomorrow.

Steve.

It will be currier. Either UPS or TNT. You will have to sign for it, unless you leave signed, dated and name printed instructions out for the driver. That is no guarantee they'll leave it however.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Every screenshot I see makes me certain I will put the 2D dock onto the Macs I'm going to install Leopard on...what were they thinking?!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Please Post Photos Of Your Shipping Box Etc

I have just become the proud owner of Leopard. See picture. Am I the first UK owner, P.S. whats with the software update already? Delivered a day early! Its good that delivery companies make mistakes!
Please post pics of the shipping box, what box you found inside, the box inside the box, the collateral material and the DVDs.

The sequence of opening the box shots please.

Why is everyone who claims to have received it not shooting photos of the shipping box and opening the shipping box step by step?!?! Very frustrating. We want to virtually open a shipped box please. :eek:

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Please post pics of the shipping box, what box you found inside, the box inside the box, the collateral material and the DVDs.

Why is everyone who claims to have received it not shooting photos of the shipping box and opening the shipping box step by step?!?! Very frustrating. We want to virtually open a shipped box please. :eek:

because i hope no one is sad enough to do so

totolad

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
The dock is the worst thing about it. You can't tell whether a program is running or not, as it now as a funny blue light instead of an arrow under neath it.

PS It came via UPS, it had to be signed for. Time Machine is really good except the hard drive is going to be working for a long time to backup everything.

I have done a fresh install and it took about 30 mins. Everything works besides Office, which keeps crashing.

BTW there is an update that apple have released for Remote access. It downloads it as soon as your install is complete.

GravityEyes

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
Nashville, TN

Yeah, this is freaky. And I suspect some sort of auto-erotic activity afterwards :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.