Leopard desktop background in Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by vb7200, Aug 16, 2014.

1. vb7200 macrumors member

It's not so much as in the it, more like you can see it throughout it. Like in the icon for changing the desktop background in System Preferences and clicking "Go" in then Menu Bar when you click on Finder and see the Desktop option. Why not change it to Mavericks background? Were they just too lazy or does that background mean something to them?

2. simsaladimbamba

It looks more like the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard background to me, but that is neither here nor there.
    And OS X 10.10 Yosemite, even though it is only a beta and it might still change, still uses that image for its Desktop & Screen Saver preference.

You can make Apple aware of this problem via www.apple.com/feedback or accept, that at least part of the old OS is still there somehow.

3. vb7200 thread starter macrumors member

I wouldn't call it a problem. It's just a bit odd that it's there and has been for 7 years. Maybe they think it's one of the most recognizable background they've had? Who knows.

4. smokesletsgo macrumors regular

there are other examples, like in display settings, macbook is pictured with OS X Tiger wallpaper.

5. vb7200 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I saw that too. I wonder why?

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I bet you that they play around with it. It all has to do with how it looks at very small sizes though. The Yosemite background wouldn't work in that small of space for example. And I bet most of the newer space wallpapers after Leopard don't either because of all the dots.