Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I can see Stacks being very useful though.

Say I am working on a project.... I can just drag it to the Dock like you can with folders now, but with the spiffy stacked interface. I wonder if it works for smart folders.

coreyweb

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2007
So whats up with everyone fussing over the green grass?

It looks like Vista? Well maybe Apple wants it to look like Vista.....as in "you see this? Its Vista x 100. We took Vista and kicked it in the balls"

Personally though...I think it looks gorgeous! Eye candy can never hurt....as long as it doesn't eat up space, etc. The demo's....are freakin' beautiful on the macbooks. Seriously....are the macbooks screens really that nice?? Cause they look....to die for. Maybe its the new graphics stuff in Leopard?? Leopard looks like its gonna be pretty dang sweet!!

I wonder why they need so many more months to finish it...(I guess bugs and stuff..)

But man....I wish I could get it now with my computer. Oh well...patience is a good thing.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
I hope that we can adjust the opacity of the menu bar. I don't like the "glass" look, which is why I don't run vista.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
As of now it seems way to Vista-like, but hopefully some pictures will start circulating from those with the beta.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I hope that we can adjust the opacity of the menu bar. I don't like the "glass" look, which is why I don't run vista.

That's a petty reason not to run an OS. I'd hate to know how you pick your mate. :p

I love the transparent menu bar because it's less distracting. The leopard desktop seems much cleaner now.

pengu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2005
Diddily Daddily...
Weird as it seems, i was only thinking the other day "i wish there was a way to add a "special" icon to the sidebar (not just a folder, one of those folder-less icons) for Downloads (i have a custom folder icon for downloads) and WHAM. apple gives us one.

as for the grass. its wallpaper. how many people REALLY have XP with the stupid hills as wallpaper? and the desktop icon is always gonna be "out" based on the wallpaper. hell, the "computer" icon in tiger is for the old iMac!

(yes i am aware of the polar opposites of my two comments. what can i say, im complex. :p )

indraunt

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2007
For the same size icons, the dock looks as though it takes up more room - there is more space below the icons. Kinda irritating... But I'll probably change my tune when I get Leopard. I hate the Dock in Tiger - I find it pretty useless - But the Stacks look damn handy. An excellenet replacement for a desktop cluttered with icons.

indraunt

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2007
Seriously, what is wrong with the menubar "looking like vista"? Not that it really does anyway... It's transluscent thats as close as it gets, and how is that really a problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.